TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the help on these seat pads. I got two at walmart a few days ago and put them both on tonight........yes both.

I tried one and it was good so I figured two would be better.....it is.

All in all they seem to work well and I added at least an inch on each side making my seat about 2 inches wider and at least 1 inch higher or more.

I could tell a huge difference when I got back on it.

Revolverman.

·
Registered
68 Posts
...All in all they seem to work well and I added at least an inch on each side making my seat about 2 inches wider and at least 1 inch higher or more. I could tell a huge difference when I got back on it. - Revolverman.

Well done, Revolverman! I like your persistence.

I was not satisfied with the Walmart/Stearn ATV seat cover because I was still sliding forward more than I liked, particularly when riding downhill. My solution was to seek out a local motorcycle seat upholstery shop. The guy I found made the seat slightly wider and much less "concave" for only $70. For a skilled upholsterer it is a very simple job. The maximum height is now 6" (above the "A" in CAROLINA) and the max width is about 11" (above the "C" in CAROLINA).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice! would you be willing to post a few different shots?

Thanks!

Well done, Revolverman! I like your persistence.

I was not satisfied with the Walmart/Stearn ATV seat cover because I was still sliding forward more than I liked, particularly when riding downhill. My solution was to seek out a local motorcycle seat upholstery shop. The guy I found made the seat slightly wider and much less "concave" for only $70. For a skilled upholsterer it is a very simple job. The maximum height is now 6" (above the "A" in CAROLINA) and the max width is about 11" (above the "C" in CAROLINA).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did some adjusting on my seat cover today and took some pics along the way.

Wire ties to keep the straps neat.

Lots of padding in between pads, not sure how this will work but it won't be hard to adjust to fit me.

The finished pads,

I think it looks ok,

Revolverman.

·
Registered
68 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts