TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new here. I've been looking around this forum for awhile and found it a valuable source of information about anything related to then the TW.

I recently sold my 1980 Yamaha TT250 and wanting a small dual sport the TW200 looked like just the right bike. I picked up a 2005 cream puff TW that had very low miles and had never been rode off a city street. It is a fun motorcycle. It is in very good condition with kick starter, two rear sprockets, windshield, rear rack, street tires on it, and included the like new knobby tires, Yamaha service manual and helmet, all for less then 1/2 the price of a new TW.

I only ride single and see no need for the seat strap and a person can always used another point to tie down cargo. So I removed the strap and made some clips to bolt on the same place. Seems to work ok and essentially transforms the small rear rack to a larger one without the bulk.

Z99A8198a.jpg

Z99A8199a.jpg

Z99A8200a.jpg

Z99A8382a.jpg

Jim

·
Registered
648 Posts
Mounted a backpack that close one time and it did not work so well while inwas offroading. My butt kept coming down on my backpack. I prefer using Rom straps on the cargo rack.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Hello and welcome! Do you own a Hickory too?
Welcome aboard, Jim. We have a dress code for our Northwest members...its strictly enforced.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Welcome Jim Thode .... the Washington T-dubbers are an active, proud group .... and we are growing. Make certain you go to the group page and join us :D

Reactions: SanDue and TWilight

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
OMG.....too funny..... Plumbstraight.....you gonna let him depict you like this....lol
Aren't those two ranch hands at TWilight's place? Northwestern apple growers maybe?

Tom

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Jim, don't you pay any attention to those wankers out on the Least Coast. And being that you are from Onalaska, Washington, there is no need...no need at all...for you to provide evidence of your Hickory shirt, to be an officially pledged member of the Washington State TW Riders conglomerate. Those of us that live close to Onalaska, know you qualify, and you will fit right in. :)

Now, on a serious note......very smart design of the bungee hook plates in place of the seat strap. Very Smart !

Additionally, there is a large number of TW200 riders right here in Washington State, and in THEE pacific Northwest. We get together once in awhile and do some rides as a group...over hill, and under Dale :D

We WELCOME you to the fold...and say to those jealous soulless individuals in New York State......see.....we got another one :p
Which of the two guy's in the picture is Dale?

Tom

Reactions: TWilight

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
You are a miserable, jealous man...Tom...;)...and if you look closely at that picture of your two neighbors, you will see that the foliage in the picture is not plants and trees that are grown in Western Washington. :p

Just admit that when RhodeTrip was over visiting last Summer, he took pictures of your neighbors wedding, which you so generously offered to allow them to have in your backyard, and after losing the Battle of the Apples to Washington State...you have to be a Negative Nancy about all the good that comes out of the West (best) Coast. :rolleyes:

And how should "I" know which one is Dale? They are your neighbors. (the one on the left....I heard) :eek:
The one on the right "in the picture" kinda looks all crazy to me. Your the one claiming to spend time under Dale. Not me.:p

Tom

Reactions: TWilight

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have not used this format of online forum before. Is there some trick to deal with the Sponsored Link that keeps making the page scroll to the bottom?
Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
I have not used this format of online forum before. Is there some trick to deal with the Sponsored Link that keeps making the page scroll to the bottom?
Thanks,
Jim
What browser are you using?

Tom

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I really like those tie down clips. Do you think I could have the clip and the strap at the same time. Welcome to the forum and thanks for the idea. Dirts a Flyen. SanDue
Yes, I can not see why the clips would not work with the straps in place. The space between the seat and the plastic cover below looks like the clip would fit and if it was close the plastic cover below will flex a bit.
Jim

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Jim Thode
Good idea with the tie down points. Just a warning just watch who you talk to on this site....lets just say some are a little different ...if you know what i mean.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts