TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going?

If so I may see you there so don't hesitate to come and say hello to me....I'm pretty easy to spot in a crowd of motorcycle riders. Just look for the person you think is least likely to ride a motorcycle who has red hair.....lol :D

NVBDR Movie Premieres - U.S. Tour Dates and Locations

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know it's early yet but maybe body else is going? :(

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
Only problem for me if I were to ride one of the BDR's is sticking to the course. I get so distracted by all the side roads and trails. :p

The problem, with the Idaho BDR, is we have ridden or driven most of it already between Wallace and Mountain Home on our adventures over the years.

The good thing about the BDR's as they give out of state riders a good glimpse of each state or a good starting point in planning a ride.

These premiers would be very good for those who like touring all or part of the routes. They get me excited even though I don't really entertain the thought of a multi-day ride from point A to B.

Boise premier is March 10th. I imagine there will be a large crowd of BMW & Big KTM Adventure Bike enthusiasts at this one.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Admiral,
I have friends asking me to ride sections of our Washington BDR and I might do a section or two sometime but riding an entire BDR is not something I long to do. That's why I go watch the movies....I get a feel of what the different routes offer while sitting comfortably in the theater. Like I have said before, I ride for enjoyment and don't feel the need to struggle through those routes...just not fun to me. I like watching other riders accomplish it and I like showing my support for the effort put forth by the people who are making sure these back country routes become available to all that want to experience them. There are little towns that get a little publicity in these films. Many of the little gas stations, restaurants, etc. are really necessary to travelers on the routes so hopefully they can continue to survive. It seems they are very happy to have the motorcycles coming through their little communities and they have been a big help to weary riders. That's a win-win for both parties.
It was an enjoyable movie and there seemed to be a good turnout at the Seattle premier; I hope they get the same results everywhere.

ps: Honda was a sponsor for the Nevada BDR and the Africa Twin was featured.
ps #2: I think I used the word little too many times in my post above....lol

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
Well Dette, I enjoyed your review more than a little. While I was initially going to tease you about why you are not riding the Nevada BDR I now find myself 100% in agreement with your observations. Great experience for those big adventure tourers. Beneficial income for small back country businesses. Maybe just a few too many riders & dust for my appreciation of remote country riding but kudos to those who do ride the BDRs.
Too bad the sponsor Honda does not sell a suitable mid-size Adventure bike. Honda is a great company.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts