TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My patience is worn very thin from having to change passwords yet again due to security breaches.

Whatever the problem is you guys might wanna fix it fix it good and fix it now before this place hemorrhages even more members.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I get that message that I must change password often when attempting to log in. I don't actually change it, I've only changed it once. I've always been able to get on by trying my log in in a different place such as the right side bar on the home page instead of the log in button at the top right of each page.

Don't know if this will work for you. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
13,330 Posts
Is this happening with computers or phones, tablets, or does it affect all devices?

Weebles, I logged out and tried logging in in the different places. Still works for me. Regardless, it does sound like there is an issue.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It doesn't matter what machine I use. The only common denominators are (1) this site and (2) logging in. Today there was no password change required.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I too have only had to update my password once, all went easy and now log in is quick. I use three different computers to sign in with and all is well. Have you added anything other programs to your computer lately that may have changed your personal settings? Maybe try logging in from a different IP address on another computer and see it that works for you?

·
Administrator
412 Posts
Hey there

What message are you seeing when you sign in? Could you grab a screenshot please? There is a pop up message that will display if you enter an incorrect username/password, but for a proper login all the messages should be done.

Are you using the Remember Me function? Is the site still having you sign in again when you come back? Are you randomly being kicked off while browsing? Are you getting a failed login with the password you know is correct? Try clearing your cache and cookies - we are seeing some browsers are randomly pulling old cookies and not recognizing the new, correct passwords.

Let us know if this clears anything up for you, and please get us the message that you are seeing when you are asked to reset your password.

Dayle

·
Registered
507 Posts
I get that message that I must change password often when attempting to log in. I don't actually change it, I've only changed it once. I've always been able to get on by trying my log in in a different place such as the right side bar on the home page instead of the log in button at the top right of each page.

Don't know if this will work for you. Hope this helps.
This is what I do... I do not log in with the home window log in that is in the center. I log in with the one on the right side...

The way each of the login's work is different!

Jim

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I haven't changed my password but did have trouble a while before this issue came up. I can still log in. I use the right hand side on home page, and use the remember me feature. I don't even know why we need to worry about passwords and such on a forum like this. I'm not going to expose my banking info here. I do, however, have issues with my computer slowing or freezing on here. I'm the least capable when it comes to computing.,,, Oh, and maintaining my batteries.lol

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
Just don't ever log out, and then you won't have to log in. I have never had to change my password here but I don't log in every day either.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I haven't been here in a while and received the same message the other day. I couldn't log in either. It said there was a breach and I should have received an email about it, if not to click "here". I never click "here" when I see these messages. So I checked my email and junk folder just in case it was real. Nuthin. So I'm back today, and able to login with no problems. I'm thinking that the message WAS the security breach which is very common these days, not that there was an actual security breach. I recommend all my clients ignore those messages.

·
Administrator
412 Posts
Hi,

We sent out the security breach email because some accounts on those large social media sites were compromised and we wanted to make sure that the members here were protected considering a lot of people tend to use the same password across many sites, including banking sites unfortunately. On the homepage you will see the Security Breach announcement with a link that says Click Here, that page that it leads you to is the exact same one that the email explaining the security breach leads to.

~Sheena

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have to say that I have never had a problem. Maybe it is your device that has been hacked. I use my iPhone for almost all my computer use. So easy for me. Plus I like the automatic word and spelling choices. I would never bitch about about free services. I say if you are that annoyed, maybe try another free forum that is more compatible! Jus' sayin'!

·
Registered
884 Posts
There is a window that makes reference to a security breach. When I clicked on it ...only once...I got this voice telling me that my computer was just invaded by some malware and I must call this company to get it removed. I just restart the computer and all is well. MBW

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hi,

We sent out the security breach email because some accounts on those large social media sites were compromised and we wanted to make sure that the members here were protected considering a lot of people tend to use the same password across many sites, including banking sites unfortunately. On the homepage you will see the Security Breach announcement with a link that says Click Here, that page that it leads you to is the exact same one that the email explaining the security breach leads to.

~Sheena
OH, so it was legitimate then.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have to say that I have never had a problem. Maybe it is your device that has been hacked. I use my iPhone for almost all my computer use. So easy for me. Plus I like the automatic word and spelling choices. I would never bitch about about free services. I say if you are that annoyed, maybe try another free forum that is more compatible! Jus' sayin'!
Uh dude, read the post #13.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts