TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe in civility, but I don't believe in censorship. I believe that as a group we can somehow manage our affairs without outside interference.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Well this ain't the public park where you can get up on your soap box and expound all the crap you want. That's freedom of speech.

We all should think of this more as someones living room where they are hosting us all and if you piss in their Wheaties, there are going to ask you to leave. If you don't like the rules, you are free to just leave. Saves everyone hard feelings.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well this ain't the public park where you can get up on your soap box and expound all the crap you want. That's freedom of speech.

We all should think of this more as someones living room where they are hosting us all and if you piss in their Wheaties, there are going to ask you to leave. If you don't like the rules, you are free to just leave. Saves everyone hard feelings.
I agree with that. As I said in my post "I BELIEVE IN CIVILITY". That shouldn't be to hard to comprehend. Obviously there are members who tend to get carried away and such is life. If the management wishes to screen comments ahead of time for "appropriate" material and responses so be it. It's not my decision, though I would suggest that you don't go overboard or you might throw out the baby with the bath water.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think that's what is going on this time around. We are still free to express our thoughts about politics, religion, TWs or whatever. I think we are just being asked to not be jerks.
If that's the case then WONDERFUL. Just be aware that you can get on a slippery slope so to speak.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
I don't think that's what is going on this time around. We are still free to express our thoughts about politics, religion, TWs or whatever. I think we are just being asked to not be jerks.
Exactly...

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the system is so much better, why are my "like" statement buttons not available?

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Hey, mine too.

Now somebody's gone and done it!
just refresh the page after posting it's been happening for a while. It only happens after posting and not refreshing or moving to another thread.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
No one has messed with the like buttons at all. If you see that; it's on your end; not this one. Like mentioned; refresh the page; or as also mentioned; when you come back to that page; it will have the like buttons.

No one is acting like the thought police either. Admin just wants the rules enforced which we all agreed to in the first place.

It's really simple; just don't be jerks to each other. (also mentioned above) Deal? :D

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
No one has messed with the like buttons at all. If you see that; it's on your end; not this one. Like mentioned; refresh the page; or as also mentioned; when you come back to that page; it will have the like buttons.

:D
Tommy, remember I PM'd you about this a couple days ago?
All my Like buttons are gone and 'Refresh' does not bring them back. Neither does 'coming back' to the page.
Everything is fine in my other forums. This is a VForum site isn't it?
I don't think it has anything to do with "Thought Police" but it's really odd that it's all on "our end"?!
I think a better explanation is in order.
Has any testing or upgrade been done on the software?
Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Tommy, remember I PM'd you about this a couple days ago?
All my Like buttons are gone and 'Refresh' does not bring them back. Neither does 'coming back' to the page.
Everything is fine in my other forums. This is a VForum site isn't it?
I don't think it has anything to do with "Thought Police" but it's really odd that it's all on "our end"?!
I think a better explanation is in order.
Has any testing or upgrade been done on the software?
Thank you!
No testing or upgrades that I know of. But then again; I'm the lowest dude on the totem pole, so its none of my business. Heck the new owners don't even know I exist...

How about deleting temp files and cookies; run your disc defrag; close all windows open; and then shutting down completely and boot back up. Try that. Believe me; it's on your end. When we watch lots of video's and bounce around here all day; it eats up a lot of resources and you have to clean it up or things start to happen and the computer gets slower and slower...

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I'll give it a try Tommy, but it's obviously really going around.
At least ask the boys upstairs.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
I'll give it a try Tommy, but it's obviously really going around.
At least ask the boys upstairs.
Thanks.
Give it a try. It's what I do when I have similar problems. I really don't think it is the site itself. Try it and report back first please. Others might have suggestions that are better than mine. I'm no computer geek.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Darth (Dave)..it truly is on your end. I can see a like button on every one of your posts. But many of us have experienced that same issue. When I post something, and someone else posts at the same time, or..before I can get back to refresh that page...there is NO "like" button on their post, so I cannot "like" their post, until I refresh the page.

Sometimes you have to go OFF that page, go back to the main FORUM page, and then go back to look at your own post.

Really...it is not the system that is at fault.
That is exactly how the symptom manifests itself for me.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
A-OK boys!
Thanks for the help & patience...

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Don't know...just cleaned, checked, deleted, defraged, rattled some beads, went for a ride, came home & burned one.
Worked like a charm!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts