TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thought, since we are self isolating or even confined or dry docked, maybe some pictures of our neighbour hoods would be cool. i'll show you mine if you show me yours. here is a ride around my block ( my block is 16kms long ) so far i have managed to put on 530kms, basically going around the block, all pavement riding, trying to get the motor broken in before the FSR open

Attachments

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Looks like spring in Armstrong. Still half a meter of snow here at Marsh Lake, Yukon and -25c this morning.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like spring in Armstrong. Still half a meter of snow here at Marsh Lake, Yukon and -25c this morning.
no, these pictures weren't taken this year. that would be depressing to show the 1 foot of snow we still have

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Chilliwack Lake...from the south end, looking north.

Chilliwack River Valley...¼ way up Thurston and looking East.

Looking north, into the Chilliwack River Valley, from atop Windy Knob. Just to the right, behind that hill in mid-frame, is Harrison Lake.

Elbow Lake, near Harrison Lake.

Is that enough?

·
Registered
87 Posts
TWiBC - many, many thanks for that! I spent about 2 years (cumulative) posted to CFB Chiiliwack on either courses or as staff and was always amazed by the area's breathtaking beauty. Never saw the need to go into Van - everything I wanted was there or a short hop across the border in Sumas or Bellingham. Used to love going to the Chilliwack General Store!! Sadly, saw how the area around Veddar Crossing became more and more urbanized between 86 and 97, and even more so by 05.

In any case, a lot of fond memories and great pics. I will try to get some of Oromocto tomorrow - nowhere near as picturesque this time of year.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Well,
I too don't have any pics of the neighborhood. Besides, who wants to see pics of homes and streets in the desert with rocks and cactus all around? I do have a couple of the house and, our big pond we play in, Lake Havasu AZ. Your Canadian, Sierra Mtns, and back east pics beat the heck out of our desert pics. At least in my opinion. Anyway, here's a couple, including one or two of our new-to-us boat. Hey, I'm trying to contribute to the gang here.
Scott

1. The house
2. My man cave where all the TW surgery is performed while NCIS is on!
3. Our new-to-us 2014 25.5' Bennington Tri-toon, 350HP 4-stroke V-8 Yamaha
4. The infamous London Bridge and, the Point dog taking point on the excursion.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
TWiBC - many, many thanks for that! I spent about 2 years (cumulative) posted to CFB Chiiliwack on either courses or as staff and was always amazed by the area's breathtaking beauty. Never saw the need to go into Van - everything I wanted was there or a short hop across the border in Sumas or Bellingham. Used to love going to the Chilliwack General Store!! Sadly, saw how the area around Veddar Crossing became more and more urbanized between 86 and 97, and even more so by 05.

In any case, a lot of fond memories and great pics. I will try to get some of Oromocto tomorrow - nowhere near as picturesque this time of year.
OH.....you wouldn't even recognize the old CFB anymore...most of it has been leveled and "developed" into a whole new community called "Garrison Crossing".
The RCMP are using some of the buildings as a Training Center and UFV also has a couple of the buildings in there.
Last week....they flattened all the residences that flanked Vedder Road, and pulled out a bunch of the trees as well....gotta build more condos! Funny thing is...about 10 years ago, they were really concerned about the Spring freshet and the possibility of flooding (snowpack was at about 200%) in the downtown area, so the plan was to move our hospital onto the old CFB grounds, which is supposedly the highest point of land. I got to tour the entire grounds and look in ALL of the buildings...the Armory, Officer's Lounge, PMQ's...it was really kind of awesome. I've lived in the area for about 50 years and I had never been in any of those buildings until that day.
My brother used to work in Stores/Supply at the corner of Pettawawa and Dieppe streets.
The one thing they haven't touched is the Cenotaph...but "Caroline" is long gone.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well,
I too don't have any pics of the neighborhood. Besides, who wants to see pics of homes and streets in the desert with rocks and cactus all around? I do have a couple of the house and, our big pond we play in, Lake Havasu AZ. Your Canadian, Sierra Mtns, and back east pics beat the heck out of our desert pics. At least in my opinion. Anyway, here's a couple, including one or two of our new-to-us boat. Hey, I'm trying to contribute to the gang here.
Scott

1. The house
2. My man cave where all the TW surgery is performed while NCIS is on!
3. Our new-to-us 2014 25.5' Bennington Tri-toon, 350HP 4-stroke V-8 Yamaha
4. The infamous London Bridge and, the Point dog taking point on the excursion.
we travel 3-4000 miles each year just to see the desert with rocks and cactus, so yes i would

·
Registered
20,169 Posts
Not too many houses in my neighborhood but my back yard and beyond has a few interesting places to visit on the bike while exercising my dawgs.
Betty on slab.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_69f.jpg

Betty snow 3:20.jpg

Do have pictures of some of my neighbors though.:cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_60a.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts