TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Very nice looking bike and some nice options at a reasonable price. Should go quick!

Best of luck with this sale and someone here should jump.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Nice bike, nice price!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also have a 12volt/usb power connecter on the handlebar and made the seat quick disconnect, changed a leaking base gasket and shorted the rear turn signals. I set it up nice planning to keep it but getting older and dont enjoy riding the streets. Had a few rokons and thats what I need, just to putt around the woods, drag deer and play in the snow. I saw that rokon listed from philly, looks good, may check it out when I sell the tw. Thanks for looking, John.

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Price reduced to $2500.00
Damn JJ, drop it to $2200 and I will be making a 12 hour run from Matamoras, PA.

Hard to believe you got no action so far on your bike. I think bikes just are not selling very strong in these parts this year. Out west or down south it would have been gone.

GaryL

·
Registered
13,413 Posts
Thats a killer deal I'm finding the TW market out west is slower this year than ever before and more TW's are on the market
And they seem to be higher priced too! Folks 'round these parts been asking pretty high that if I was in the market I may be looking at other bikes instead of a TW.

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Thats a killer deal I'm finding the TW market out west is slower this year than ever before and more TW's are on the market
Yeah Placerload, WTF is going on with this crap? If you listen at all to the DUMO CRAPS they all claim the Economy is humming right along just fine. Friends of mine live in and participate in a very big and very popular community yard/garage sale over the Memorial day weekend. People come from miles away to it rain or shine but the weather this year was perfect and it was a complete bust. The folks just don't seem to have any money to spend. Not to turn this into a rant or political thread but a pal just told me his health insurance premiums went up $248/ month starting in January and his annual raise of 2% came out to just $65/ month. I can't feel real sorry for him though because he is a die hard Obama/Hillary supporter.

GaryL

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yeah Placerload, WTF is going on with this crap? If you listen at all to the DUMO CRAPS they all claim the Economy is humming right along just fine. Friends of mine live in and participate in a very big and very popular community yard/garage sale over the Memorial day weekend. People come from miles away to it rain or shine but the weather this year was perfect and it was a complete bust. The folks just don't seem to have any money to spend. Not to turn this into a rant or political thread but a pal just told me his health insurance premiums went up $248/ month starting in January and his annual raise of 2% came out to just $65/ month. I can't feel real sorry for him though because he is a die hard Obama/Hillary supporter.

My healthcare premiums went up 90%. Even with my 2% raise, it resulted in about a $300.00 per month loss in income. That was a huge kick in the balls. I have United Healthcare (for now).

·
Registered
8,358 Posts

My healthcare premiums went up 90%. Even with my 2% raise, it resulted in about a $300.00 per month loss in income. That was a huge kick in the balls. I have United Healthcare (for now).
YUP! 300/month or 3600 per year and that is practically the cost of a nice TW. I just don't get it, Obama has an over 50% approval rating and Hillary is guaranteed to be even worse for the economy and doing just fine in her campaign. I have United HC too and every year I get my pension reduced.

GaryL

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
And they seem to be higher priced too! Folks 'round these parts been asking pretty high that if I was in the market I may be looking at other bikes instead of a TW.
Good point the asking prices this year are the highest I've ever seen with the majority over $3000 but I doubt any or many are selling as I see the listings eventually expire from CL

I buy and sell all kinds of stuff to middle America and it's been a stair stepping decline in spending since 2008 but this year the decline is magnitudes more than before. You never hear of anybody getting a great new job and nobody is building a new store or factory to hire people. The TW counts as a survival SHTF vehicle though so I think there will always be a market. Sad to say my spidey senses say troubled times are ahead for all of us

·
Registered
162 Posts
As I have stated in other post, I sold my V Strom about 4 years ago. I sold my helmet, boots, etc. I took my MSF riding course on a TW. I have a budget set aside to buy a TW, gear, and a few upgrades.

I am in the process of trying to sell and build a house. I am waiting to pull the trigger as soon as the house stuff settles down.

I will probably start a new thread asking if I should by new or used..

·
Registered
762 Posts
Price reduced to $2500.00
Don't panic! Bikes sell slow.

You are right in the ballpark. In fact you may be low, given the low mileage. I'd hold fast at that price...except maybe for a brother here...and if you don't sell it right away, it won't drop much in value. I'd let that CL ad run out.

If the price of gas takes off again...there'll be renewed interest in small bikes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Damn JJ, drop it to $2200 and I will be making a 12 hour run from Matamoras, PA.

Hard to believe you got no action so far on your bike. I think bikes just are not selling very strong in these parts this year. Out west or down south it would have been gone.

GaryL
Tempting offer, will think about it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Very nice looking bike, especially with all the goodies included. For someone in the market, your price seems very fair for your low mileage TW. I'd just be patient. Only takes 1 buyer. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts