·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Tell him we're proud of him!
And thanks for the pic...

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Excellent. Congrats to you as a Dad and him as an American.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Good luck, and you should be proud. PS,My older brother did basic at Ft. Leonard Wood during the civil war. ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Congrats and best wishes to your son. 12B Combat Engineer - "Essayons!" His future is wide open before him, and he will have lots of oportunity to take advantage of his experiences.

I never made it down to Ft L-W, but I know lots of guys who did exchange postings there. I hear it can be a tad warm in the summer.....

Myself: Engineer, 24B, Royal Canadian Engineers, 1986-2018. "UBIQUE"

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
Congrats FH and thank your son for his service. I have no idea yet where Fort LW is but I did my basic plus A school in Great Lakes, Il from October through April and all I can say is Biiiiiittteer Cold with nasty winds right off that lake. Then to make a bad thing worse my first duty station was Naval Air Station in Norfolk, Va. where the signs said "Dogs and Sailors Keep off the Lawn". This was back in 1971 during Vietnam and there was not much love for those in uniforms at that time. Thank you for raising a true patriot!

GaryL

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats FH and thank your son for his service. I have no idea yet where Fort LW is but I did my basic plus A school in Great Lakes, Il from October through April and all I can say is Biiiiiittteer Cold with nasty winds right off that lake. Then to make a bad thing worse my first duty station was Naval Air Station in Norfolk, Va. where the signs said "Dogs and Sailors Keep off the Lawn". This was back in 1971 during Vietnam and there was not much love for those in uniforms at that time. Thank you for raising a true patriot!

GaryL
Thank you you your service...My father was an Army vet (Vietnam) 67-68... Servicemen during that time had a tough time...FLW is central Missouri..Not much different weather than here in Southern Idaho temp wise, just higher humidity, and less snow...He will be doing Basic, AIT, plus Sapper school there as a 12Bravo...Combat Engineer...

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
234 Posts
I went through basic training and advance combat engineering school in Ft. Leonardwood in the 50's. My comment about Ft. Leonardwood is "If this world ever needs an enema they will start there because it is the #ss hole of creation".
What he said!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I went through basic training and advance combat engineering school in Ft. Leonardwood in the 50's. My comment about Ft. Leonardwood is "If this world ever needs an enema they will start there because it is the #ss hole of creation".
Don't overlook Camp/Fort Polk, Louse-iana!
A buddy of mine woke up to find a Pygmy Rattler in his sleeping bag.
I took all my basic, weapons & combat training at Fort Ord, CA.
Never could figure out why the Army put a post in a beautiful place like that!?
I suspect crooked politicians & land owners...

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't overlook Camp/Fort Polk, Louse-iana!
A buddy of mine woke up to find a Pygmy Rattler in his sleeping bag.
I took all my basic, weapons & combat training at Fort Ord, CA.
Never could figure out why the Army put a post in a beautiful place like that!?
I suspect crooked politicians & land owners...
My fathers basic was at Polk...

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Congrats on raising a great American. I hope he has awesome experience throughout his life. Thanks for his, and everyone's service.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts