TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went out for a decent trail ride at Pisgah State Park in NH the other day with a few friends and their quads. The park is open to ATV/Dirtbikes that are registered with the state. The trails range from dirt roads to some decent washed out river bed type trails, and a bunch of mud. This was the first serious trail ride I had taken the TW on, hitting everything including a big 50' long by 2'+ deep water/mud hole. Needless to say, I was very impressed with the capabilities of the little TW. I have grown up on dirtbikes and I'm pretty familiar with where they can go and what they can do, but for a trail bike, this was hands down the best experience I've had. It pulled up the steep rocky trails, through some mud, and powered through that 50' hole with water above my knees. I was very happy to be able to effortlessly go wherever my buddies with 4x4, diff locks, low range, and winches could go.

Things I noted:

1) The Seat Concepts seat made a difference in the ability to ride all day
2) I need to waterproof the electrical components a little more. Die-electric grease helps, but my LED flasher stopped working until it dried out, and my LED headlight (which is supposed to be sealed) doesn't properly work now.
3) The TCI skid plate took some abuse but was necessary for anything more than a dirt road
4) A slightly lower first gear would help, but I can get by for now
5) I would have never made it through the water without the carb vent mod (Thanks Lizardbrth ;-)
6) I made the right decision by upgrading my front tire to the Golden Boy, maybe next will be a rear tire upgrade and swing-arm extension.
7) The front shocks could use a little tuning in order to better handle obstacles.

Thank you guys for all your information and advice. I am very pleased with what this bike can do, and can say I've had more fun on the TW than any street bike or dirt bike I've owned.

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Impressive. Nice ride report . Lake looks so inviting for a swim or just cast for trout.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Yes, they are great little trail bikes. Like a Timex they "take a lickin, and just keep on tickin". Great report and pics. The pic of the lake is especially beautiful. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry purrrrrrrdy area.........................I'd like to see a close up of your seat peeeeeeeeeze ! That's one of my minor complaints about my dub.. OMM.:concern:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry purrrrrrrdy area.........................I'd like to see a close up of your seat peeeeeeeeeze ! That's one of my minor complaints about my dub.. OMM.:concern:

These are all I had of the seat on my phone. I can take and post more if you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
765 Posts
The tw will eat hills by the way. It is an awesome trail bike actually.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
We've ridden past Pisgah State Park a couple of times, but not in there. Do you need an ATV tag?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
PS. Does this place look familiar? Looking north...

...and looking west...

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
I spent a short time in NH and it is a beautiful state. Good ride report.

Did you have to register your Mass. plate with NH to ride in the park?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Nice pics and ride report. I am envious of your riding area. Love the use of tool tubes, and Pelican style case.

Tom in Wichita

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I rolled the dice and rode without a NH permit for the day to check things out. I will get a permit next year as its required and one of the few decent legal areas to ride around here.

I spent a short time in NH and it is a beautiful state. Good ride report.

Did you have to register your Mass. plate with NH to ride in the park?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts