TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_0563.JPG

Hello to all, bought my tw200 3 days ago and paid 1500, it's fairly clean with only 2k miles so I'm very lucky in my opinion. looking for a service manual for the 1988. I've searched for it but only found the newer manuals/ dead links. Not being lazy and looking for a shortcut just advice on where it's at. Looking forward to joining the community thanks.

·
Super Moderator
18,061 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D

Reactions: Ken

·
Super Moderator
18,061 Posts
It's supposed to be 5 posts before you can add pictures. It helps avoid spammers. I can see it, but that may be my system. Nice bike by the way.

Try this for a manual: tw200mainmanual_ocrv2 It probably isn't the exact year, but we can help you with any questions. :D

Thanks buddy, I saw a guy say something about a post minimum to post images? Is the one I posted viewable?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And if anyone's in the south Mississippi area me and my buddys gonna take the tw200 and his big red to explore camp Shelby tomorrow, so y'all should ride out.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks brother I appreciate that. Not sure if I got a good deal or not but I fell in love with the thing and would have paid twice that for her.

·
Super Moderator
18,061 Posts
It looks nice for the price. You should change the tires though. They might look ok, but believe me, there not with that many years on them. Safety first bro. Enjoy that ride!! They are a lot of fun!!
Thanks brother I appreciate that. Not sure if I got a good deal or not but I fell in love with the thing and would have paid twice that for her.

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
The new manuals have the old manuals in them so you can buy one from the dealership or download them.

Yamaha is lazy so it's the 87 manual with the 88-2000 supplement for anything changed, and then a 2001 to current supplement for the modern ones. Makes it easy- one manual fits all.

20170203_183718.jpg
20170203_183735.jpg
20170203_183748.jpg
20170203_183758.jpg

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree with you about the tires but Ima be easy and use em till I get to know the bike then I'll upgrade. The link for the manual was what I was looking for now I can get it on the lift and give her a good once over. Do you guys love working on these little bikes as much as riding them? Because I do

·
Super Moderator
18,061 Posts
If you want a nice hard copy of the manual, here they are:

http://tw200forum.com/forum/tw200-classifieds/26977-tw200-service-manual-new-paperback-2015-edition-$79-deliverd.html

That is IF there are any left. :D

I agree with you about the tires but Ima be easy and use em till I get to know the bike then I'll upgrade. The link for the manual was what I was looking for now I can get it on the lift and give her a good once over. Do you guys love working on these little bikes as much as riding them? Because I do

·
Super Moderator
5,259 Posts
Your bike is an ’87 – not an ’88 – the only real difference being the electrical system on the ‘87’s which was a “one year only” affair. The bike you have was probably manufactured in ’87 judging by the colour scheme, but first registered in ’88 which would explain the discrepancy.

You can find further reading on the matter here - http://tw200forum.com/forum/general-discussion/10362-tdubs-year-photo-collection.html

The manuals can be found here - http://tw200forum.com/forum/technical-write-ups/70-service-repair-manuals.html - make sure you’re looking at the correct one for your bike, and at least one of them covers the wiring on the ’87 as a supplement at the bottom

Welcome to the madhouse ;)

·
Super Moderator
18,061 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've found the the downloadable service manuals to be a pain in the butt. Hard to scroll through and find info fast. I bought my hard copy from chaparral for around the $50's I think. Well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts