TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw this posted on craigslist in case anyone is interested in one last visit to this popular destination.

Posted about 4 hours ago

The Junction - $20 (Mines Road, Livermore)

From the Nor Cal club - please donate if you can't ride over there on October 24th. All riders on all rides are welcome.

We recently learned that unfortunately the Junction will be closing their doors on October 25th unless new owners are identified, so this is turning into an unfortunate farewell ride. Here is the announcement in case you missed it. Be sure and sign up and give the team a good
sendoff!

"If you ride a motorcycle in the Bay Area you know what a great stopping place the Junction is on Mines Road in Livermore. The recent fires in the South Bay really hit them hard, heavily affecting their prime season. The Nor Cal Club is holding a simple charity ride to the Junction for lunch. The cost is $20 and you get a taco lunch and club
sticker.

There is no scheduled group ride to the Junction on October 24th, just show up between 11 and 2 PM. Riders can organize their own small groups depending on where they live and what time they want to ride.

Please be cautious on Mines Road. The recent fires may have affected visual markers you used in the past and there may be debris
or gravel on the road. The Club will have a table and banner set up where you can pick up your meal ticket and sticker. Plus they will have an area of outside tables set up for us.

Please be respectful of each other, maintain proper social distance and wear a mask if you are not eating or can not maintain the proper social distance. Also if you are not feeling well, have a temperature or think you might have been exposed to the Corona Virus you must stay home and we will refund your donation."

Best regards,
BMW Motorcycle Club of Northern California

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Wow! This fire season sure has messed up a lot of things. I remember when The Junction was also a gas station. To bad its going away. They had decent burgers. I guess the only option now is to continue on to Patterson.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Sad to see more collateral damage from the fires and virus. It's a throwback to older times over there.
The NorCal Nutjobs had a ride there years back....

3.1.jpg

·
Registered
282 Posts
I rode up there last Wednesday and both the driveways were locked up which is normal on their regular closed days (Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday). The road from Livermore was abnormally free from gravel, cow poops, and any fire related debris. The fire did reach this area from all directions but the restaurant and the Cal-Fire station were saved. Really sad to hear of possible closing. I remember many years ago you could bring a favorite toy up there and shoot it behind the restaurant and not bother anyone.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joe, you forgot(?) to mention this momentous event on that ride!

I know that you are just being humble, but for those of you new to this forum, Joeband was proud to be the very first recipient of the very prestigious TW Traveling Trophy Award of Distinction.

Geez, that was almost 7 years ago.

Anyone up for a reunion ride?

Brian

1603039851280.png

·
Registered
42 Posts
Its been awhile since I have been there. I hope someone will take over.
Got an email that a few members of the Classic Japanese Motorcycle Club were planning a ride there today.
Bummer I got the message too late.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Oh Brian... i tried to purge such harsh memories.
i think i'd be game to ride there...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts