TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
P1000911.JPG
Installed back ordered source coil in Betty Boop last night and she roared to life with only a half second stab at the starter powered by new Shorai lithium battery. No choke, no throttle, no worries!
Now for just a touch-up on her make-up ( scratched paint) and I'll take a test ride soon to sample Joemama's extended swing arm on some steep trail. giphy-6.gif

·
Super Moderator
17,989 Posts
Great News!!! :D

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My apologies to all who came from as far away as Washington for a group ride on eve of Betty's breakdown a month ago. That was a chain of misfortunes precipitated by failing stator windings once bike heated up. Now TW should have it's famous reliability restored giving me confidence to explore afield once again.

Edit: I must say that orange paint does photograph well in muted lighting. Nice background kind of helps too. P1000911.JPG

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Congratulations Fred! I am glad you still have plenty of time to get out and enjoy Betty. And make new videos because you have racked up far too many duplicate likes on rerun videos!

Tom

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Too true Tom, time to explore new wonders.

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Last weekend in August Adam-in-Nevada and I plan a brisk ride to White Rock Lake, Meadow Lake, Summit City Ghost Town, Sawmill Lake, TollHouse Lake, Frog Lake, etc in a nice granitic belt north of Fordyce but south of Jackson Meadows Lakes. May try to camp and ride but easiest is to just ride from home packing extra fuel or detour into Sierraville for a re-fueling. Might be a bit much to build a group ride around and the route has portions definitely not "smooth and easy".:(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts