TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came across this picture from a 2001 bike trip (ten years before I even knew what a TW was). I stopped in Leavenworth, Washington to visit relatives and saw this cool looking bike at the Sheriff's Office and snapped a pic. Don't recall seeing any law enforcement TW pics here. -J-

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
They used to come into deer camp every year when I hunted off of HWY 97.

Reactions: TWilight

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Yep, They would ride them up in the ORV area off of HWY 97. Our deer camp was a mile up behind the gate. We had about 6-8 TW's and a few BW's,quads in camp. They were pretty nice and just checked to make sure everyones bike had current tags.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Heres a pair of Federal TW's found in a warehouse at Sequoia's National Forest
The 2001 has 22 miles on it today and the 2003 has 345 actual miles and it had a kick starter installed by the Park Service

20 years worth of dust makes them look rough here but they cleaned up to be spectacular

I should mention these were discovered by one of our newer forum members

Forum1.JPG Forum2.JPG
The 2003 cleaned up a bit but they took the cool USFS decal off the tank I wish we coulda kept it :)
SAM_4152.JPG
Pit stop at Lake Shasta whilst bringing the orphans back home :)
SAM_4119.JPG

·
Registered
20,491 Posts
Are they for sale Placerload?

Reactions: TWilight

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Mid Peninsula Open Space Preserve Rangers had their TW's at the dealer getting kick starters installed. Our tax dollars at work! I guess they had trouble remembering to turn the key off.

Notice the "E" on the license. Government owned vehicle.

P5060005.jpg P5060004.jpg

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
Very cool Tony! They even have Cycleracks on them!

(I'll bet you could you could outrun them on one of your '87's :D, they are still sporting Death Wings on the front!)

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Notice the "E" on the license. Government owned vehicle.

View attachment 17135
hmmm we never had those when i was a ranger.... i guess mid-pen has more $$. the hand guards on the '03 won't do much good twisted up so high, you can see the levers hanging down lower.

missed you today tony, hope you are well.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I can just imagine the joy a motorcycle cop would get after patrolling all day long on a big police cruiser pig and them jumping on a TW for some ORV patrolling:D

GaryL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts