TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I did a search here and found many longer shift levers. But, they all look different with different shape/bend. But they are all aluminum, and prefer a steel one, not aluminum. Can someone post a link to a steel one that is longer that fits TWs...? Prefer cheaper price too...;)

Thanks

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
There are two MSR levers that are popular, can't find the thread now but search here and you'll find it.

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is what I bought;
Amazon.com: IMS 317313 Flightline Folding Shift Lever: Automotive

Works perfect and fits with the Ricochet skid plate too.

It's longer than the other one I searched for on this sight. It's steel and folds.

The only problem is that the bolt goes in from the top and is a bit tight to get the lever on, then the bolt started. If you have trouble, try grinding just a shade off the bolt, but I didn't need to. Once the bolt is fished in, it tightens up perfectly.
Thats what I wanted, someone that has one, so I know it fits. The others I've looked at, for YZ 250 didn't look like it had enough offset to work without hitting the case. I "DID" search, and read everything about them. Nothing was tested as far as steel, only aluminum ones. Anyway, could you tell me about how much longer this lever is compared to the stock TW one. I need about 3/4" inch longer or more before I order it.

Thanks....;)

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll take some photos and post 'em for you here...
Give me a few minutes or so.

If you have the skid plate I mentioned, you can't go longer. Also, it doesn't stick out as far as stock.

***EDIT***
Here are photos;
First, a measurement of the new lever from the mount to the tip of the folding part;

close-up of the clearance between the shifter and the skid plate;

Top view showing how tight it snugs in to the motor/skid plate. Nothing hanging out to snag!

Side view
Cool, thanks. If you have the stock lever, could you lay it on top and take pics so I could get a better idea what the difference is? I'm really sorry to be a pain in the ass, but looks like it doesn't stick out as far like you said. So, that may not work for me. Only if you want to. Please take your time if you do, I don't need it right away.

Sorry, and thank you. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Banned
4,030 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
If you ordered that one it might be the same a stock.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Ok, I musta missed that. I just ordered one for $22 shipped. It's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for finding that for me. I read that too, don't remember seeing it. Hmm, I guess I'm gettin old....lol

Thanks again. I appreciate it.....;)
Welcome!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts