TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tread

Total newbee with bad left knee here. Replaced OEM shifter with aftermarket that is longer & sticks out more so is easier to find. Don’t know if I have it too high. Any advice appreciated.

OFG

·
Registered
362 Posts
View attachment 221703
Total newbee with bad left knee here. Replaced OEM shifter with aftermarket that is longer & sticks out more so is easier to find. Don’t know if I have it too high. Any advice appreciated.

OFG
That looks like the same shifter I have on mine. Where did you find that shifter? I need 2 more of them....Thanks

By the way, mine is rotated clockwise to about a 45 degree angle from horizontal. the wide design allows it to clear the stator cover. I upshift with my heel. This keeps the shifter out of harms way...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That looks like the same shifter I have on mine. Where did you find that shifter? I need 2 more of them....Thanks

By the way, mine is rotated clockwise to about a 45 degree angle from horizontal. the wide design allows it to clear the stator cover. I upshift with my heel. This keeps the shifter out of harms way...
Came from MC POWERSPORTS via: Amazon. Manufactured by ProTaper, MPN: SF-623 JY-7203-A. Will have to look at upshifting with heel.

OFG

·
Registered
2021 TW200
14 Posts
Hey OFG, I posted a thread like this back in the summer (bought my first TW last year). I found I couldn't shift easily with my full-height O'Neal boots but just adjusting the shift lever "one click" up was enough to make it so I could shift up and down easier. Also helps that I sit a bit further forward now too, gives the front end more grip too shifting my weight more towards the front

1 - 8 of 8 Posts