TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unused Shinko 241 3.50x19 for sale or trade. I accidentally ordered the wrong size (it was up one spot from the tire I needed). I did manhandle it a little during installation and that's when I discovered I ordered the wrong size.

So, if anyone has a motorcycle which uses this size tire make me an offer. I'll trade you for something of equivalent value. I paid $50 ish for it.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
was that tire going on the front of the TW or back of the XT, because both should take a 4.00x18, giving you some extra strength for caring extra weight

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was that tire going on the front of the TW or back of the XT, because both should take a 4.00x18, giving you some extra strength for caring extra weight
It was for the front of the TW. My 1983 XT200 has a 17 in rear tire 3.50x17. Shortly after getting the XT I put the Chen Shen (sic) Trials Tire on which Mtn. Yawp gave me when I bought it. It was new just not mounted and the old knobby was well worn out. I actually didn't change the tire till I knew this XT was gonna be a good runner which it's turned out to be.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
well duh it didn't fit mr admiral sir....
there's not a single hammer in any one of those pictures!

(though you did get a cute pic of wilbur's derriere in there.)
;)

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you still have that stock front tire laying around? I picked up a project bike that needs new tires and it would fit the backside
Yes, I still have the old knobby 3.50x17 I took off if this is the tire your talking about.

IMG_2384.JPG

·
Registered
552 Posts
Shortly after getting the XT I put the Chen Shen (sic) Trials Tire on which Mtn. Yawp gave me when I bought it.
Admiral, I have two comments on the above quote, both are off topic:
1. Thank you for using "(sic)", as I had not previously known the meaning of this, but have now searched the mighty internet for more than cat videos and have learned something useful.
2. You must know that with a name like Chen Shen, it is a very expensive tire. The person I bought the tire from informed me that it had been blessed by Tibetan monks to propel a fine Italian Trials bike to the top of Mount Everest. However, the monks then discovered that multiple insects had been killed on the windshield of the truck hauling the trials bike to their village, so the whole thing was called off and they sold the tire to the highest bidder. So, if you sometimes feel as if you are getting near-magical traction from that rear tire on your xt200, you now know why.

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey... you two aren't using OUR secret meeting hand-off spot are you Kris. I don't want you giving someone else a hand-off at OUR special hand-off location!!! :mad: :crybaby2: :p

No, me and stufidmotard have a different secret hand-off spot. Gotta keep the separate secret hand-off spot separate! :D

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Admiral, I have two comments on the above quote, both are off topic:
1. Thank you for using "(sic)", as I had not previously known the meaning of this, but have now searched the mighty internet for more than cat videos and have learned something useful.
2. You must know that with a name like Chen Shen, it is a very expensive tire. The person I bought the tire from informed me that it had been blessed by Tibetan monks to propel a fine Italian Trials bike to the top of Mount Everest. However, the monks then discovered that multiple insects had been killed on the windshield of the truck hauling the trials bike to their village, so the whole thing was called off and they sold the tire to the highest bidder. So, if you sometimes feel as if you are getting near-magical traction from that rear tire on your xt200, you now know why.

Cat videos are cool though so don't give them up. :p

Now I know why I have the magical traction feeling I have when I ride the XT with the Chen Shen trials tire.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Unused Shinko 241 3.50x19 for sale or trade. I accidentally ordered the wrong size (it was up one spot from the tire I needed). I did manhandle it a little during installation and that's when I discovered I ordered the wrong size.

So, if anyone has a motorcycle which uses this size tire make me an offer. I'll trade you for something of equivalent value. I paid $50 ish for it.

Kriss, I am surprised they make that tire in that size, as most 19 rear tires are for Motocross bikes and that tire would suck.

Sent from my T06 using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts