TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 TW200, first motorcycle
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hot damn does this grip. Thought I was riding someone else's bike. No more Deathwing for me. I was originally putting on the K60 Scout but decided since I never ride on the pavement, why bother?

·
Super Moderator
6,110 Posts
The K60 scout would have been a mistake - the K60 would have been a better choice

Interesting choice of rubber though, let us know how how you get on with it - anything is better than the death wing .......

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Added to reddave's ongoing list on gnarly knobbies for the front! What size is that? Thanks, brother!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That looks very aggressive.
DOT approved, not that it matters much, just curious?
No but again I don't ride on the pavement at all and if I did it would be to cut across the highway. Under the trees here in Georgia we have like 5 inches of really soft topsoil constantly decaying. The Devils Favorite Bridgestone kept dropping me on my ass with the slightest cupping to the ground.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think we've determined the death wing is one of the worst choice in tires, however this boils down to personal opinion. I do challenge those that think the death wing is an adequate tire to find TW with a new different tyre :) and take it for a ride.

Choosing something other than the wing starts a new conversation about usage and personal experience. I will say I'm extremely happy with the Shinko 241 as a dual purpose tire. As stated, intended purpose.....those knobby look fantastic for off road use.

Reactions: Collin

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The K60 scout would have been a mistake - the K60 would have been a better choice

Interesting choice of rubber though, let us know how how you get on with it - anything is better than the death wing .......
I don't know that they still make the k60

1 - 9 of 9 Posts