TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 TW
358 Posts
They get good reviews. But the only two 18 inch sizes I saw at 130/80 or 4.60/18 they are way too wide for my liking.
Got a shinko 241 4.00/18 in the front now. When thats worn enough im gonna go down to a 3.50.

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
478 Posts
I think it will serve you well on most, but I have no experience with it in mud or snow, so can’t speak to that. Asphalt, dirt roads, gravel, it feels predictable & brakes well.

Everyone here is gaga for the Shinko 241, but (& I’ll get crucified for this by the purists) I didn’t care for the aesthetic of the tire on the bike. In that regard, the E700 satisfies.

For my use, I haven’t been disappointed with its performance, but again, mud & snow are not a factor for me.

Hope this helps some.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Everyone here is gaga for the Shinko 241, but (& I’ll get crucified for this by the purists) I didn’t care for the aesthetic of the tire on the bike. In that regard, the E700 satisfies.
I drank the 241 Kool Aid a few years ago and haven't looked back. I will agree that it is not a good looking tread pattern, but it definitely makes up for that with performance.

To me the e700 is Shinko's copied tread of the stock klr 650 tires. They are a decent dual sport tire but more pavement and light off-road oriented than a true 50/50 or trials type. Quiet and stable on pavement and okay off road. They are not good at mud, snow, or ice. For ice and snow the 241 will be vastly superior due to increased amount of sipping and the angle of the tread blocks.

If you don't like the look of the 241, I think that the 244 looks better and would also be a better mud, snow, ice tire than the e700.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
If you don't like the look of the 241, I think that the 244 looks better and would also be a better mud, snow, ice tire than the e700.
Mine came with the golden boy, 244 and it was terrible in mud. It lasted 3 rides and was replaced with a Pirelli MT43 trials tire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts