TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey 241 users, what tire pressures do you use for street/trail? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,360 Posts
Hey 241 users, what tire pressures do you use for street/trail? Thanks.
I like 18 lbs on or off road. Too much air in the 241 seems twitchy on the pavement. Trial and error.

Tom

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
12-14 lbs front around 10-12 in the back. I weight @165 lbs. I am lazy and usually don’t air it up for pavement unless I know I will on the stret a long time.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
12 Posts
We work with primarily PSI and Bar here in Europe. Anyone know the upper limit on the Shinko in PSI? Not having much luck wi converters online tho one said just under 33 PSI
Thanks in advance for a noob question ?

·
Super Moderator
4,952 Posts
33 PSI sounds about right, but it will feel like a brick at that pressure. The 241 is such soft rubber, that anything over 25 PSI should not be necessary

When you consider that the 203/204 combo is “faster” on tarmac at high pressure, they are still only rated at 33 PSI “Max”

The “max” pressure for any tire, is slightly below that tire suffering from “Spontaneous Disassembly Syndrome” – eg exploding ……

·
Registered
24 Posts
33 PSI sounds about right, but it will feel like a brick at that pressure. The 241 is such soft rubber, that anything over 25 PSI should not be necessary

When you consider that the 203/204 combo is “faster” on tarmac at high pressure, they are still only rated at 33 PSI “Max”

The “max” pressure for any tire, is slightly below that tire suffering from “Spontaneous Disassembly Syndrome” – eg exploding ……
Spontaneous what?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks Purple, outa interest what would the rear be? I have the Vee Rubber VRM275 similar to the original
Also my front is actually the 242 tubeless n somebody else was saying the sidewalls will be softer on it, so upper level of range for it?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm running an E700 front at 0,8 bar on and off road, rear I run at 1 and 2 up 1.5 bar I weigh 93kg. I have a 2 km sand and dirt road before I hit pavement and other than not being able to go over 80-90 km/h on the tar I've had no troubles thus far. I just do 15 - 20 km stints on the tar now, but I used to go 50-60 km no problem.
The E 700 has a hard sidewall and even with 0 air in it it doesn't seem flat but at speeds above 40 km\h yo do notice it. At ZAR 1500,00 per tire they aren't cheap, but my next tire will be a 241, the E 700 doesn't perform that much diffrent from the DW.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts