TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Factory tires are shot need replacing. Since I do mostly road riding (99%) was thinking of going with Shinko SR428's front and rear. Anyone have comments on these tires.

·
Super Moderator
4,952 Posts
The Shinko SR428 is basically a clone of the Bridgestone 203/204 combo. I can attest to the Bridgestone’s “stickiness”, but have no experience of the Shinko’s

There is the inevitable aspect of “you get what you pay for”, and this is perhaps why so many would recommend the Bridgestones, and so few have tried the Shinkos

At the end of the day, I cannot recollect anyone saying the Shinkos are worse, it just seems to be a “concept allergy” towards buying them in the first place

But if you think that your life is worth the 70 dollar saving, we’ll happily hold your beer for you …..

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Factory tires are shot need replacing. Since I do mostly road riding (99%) was thinking of going with Shinko SR428's front and rear. Anyone have comments on these tires.
those look alot like my shinko 705's that i run on my honda cb500x. i'm real happy with them. infact i have never had a bad shinko and i put them on all my bikes. i have had bad Bridgestones. so, Purple, if you want to hold my beer, then go for it, but...i want it back and i am alwas happy to save $70

·
Registered
351 Posts
I like the Bridgestone 203/204 combo - smooth and quiet on the street and if you stay out of the mud they are not bad on the trail. I have no experience with the Shinko version and have never heard anything bad about them.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I've had both and have not been able to tell the difference. Both work well on pavement and can handle moderate off-roading with little problem. Just stay away from sand or deep mud.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I have the Shinko 428 on mine and it seems no different than the Bridgestone 203/204 combo. I have Shinko on 3 motorcycles and never had an issue with any of them. Several of the tires balanced perfect with no weights needed. I had a Pirelli crack across the tread and delaminate though, with less than 2 years on it, not on the TW on that one though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does anyone out there think those Shinkos will be worse than the stock tires?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
On road or off road? The stock tires are better for off road since they are knobbies though nobody likes the stock front knobbie off road. The Bridgestone knobbie on the street was fine until I wore mine out. On road the Shinko 428 are better. Less road noise, smoother, less vibration and on the TW I have never lost grip with them at all. If you have doubts just go with the Bridgestones. You can get the knobbies or the street tires, whichever suits your needs. I did like the hum of the knobbies on the street, it sounded like the humming 4 wheel drive trucks. The knobbies, Bridgestones wore out under 10,000 miles though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts