TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In November I switched to my Shinko SR428 front tire. This is my first experience with a less than perfect Shinko tire. It seems to bounce and be somewhat out of balance. In this case I will recommend the Michelin TW203 if you want the more streetable TW front tire. Since I ride mostly short jaunts I will probably leave the Shinko SR428 on since I am too lazy to change it again and mess with a return etc.

·
Super Moderator
20,702 Posts
They usually have a mark on the tire showing the heavy spot. This would go opposite of the air valve. Have you tried remounting the tire 180 degrees Ken?

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They usually have a mark on the tire showing the heavy spot. This would go opposite of the air valve. Have you tried remounting the tire 180 degrees Ken?
I did balance it and it balanced out well. I also made sure the bead was seated evenly all the way around. I am going to let the air completely out of the tire, rotate it around some and air it back up. I'm hoping the tube shifted in the process of installation. It's worth a shot.

·
Super Moderator
20,702 Posts

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, it's usually the light spot. The old Michelin had no problems so I know I didn't instantly have suspension issues. I may also try a little lower air pressure.

·
Super Moderator
20,702 Posts
I stand corrected. Duh...
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper

Reactions: Ken and miniman
1 - 8 of 8 Posts