TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning a trip from Phoenix, AZ to Cabo next year with a couple friends. I live in PA and don't really have the vacation time to make the ride from here to AZ. Does anyone have experience shipping their TW ahead and meet it at the destination? Is there a easy (relatively) way to ship it freight or something. I searched and found a dead end post that didn't really help. Any ideas/experiences? Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
It can get pretty pricey, your best looking at ushipit and having a smaller trucking guy( private using his own diesel truck) and see what it'll run. Id be happy to ride with you out here.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I am planning a trip from Phoenix, AZ to Cabo next year with a couple friends. I live in PA and don't really have the vacation time to make the ride from here to AZ. Does anyone have experience shipping their TW ahead and meet it at the destination? Is there a easy (relatively) way to ship it freight or something. I searched and found a dead end post that didn't really help. Any ideas/experiences? Thanks guys

Some Options (in no particular order)

Do you have a vehicle that can tow the bike or use a hitch mount?

Go see a local motorcycle dealer they might be able to ship it cheaper than dealing directly with a trucking company.

Post on ADV and see if someone is heading that direction who can also take your bike and you help out with the fuel costs.

For planning purposes here is a LINK where you can get a price quote to ship your bike

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured going through a private smaller trucking company might be my best bet. I'll check with a dealer too. I do have a way of transporting in a truck bed, but it would tack on an additional 4-5 days (round trip) onto the trip. The idea is to minimize the vacation time taken from work and spend more time riding than transporting. Thanks for the ideas. I'll look into them.

Dale

1 - 5 of 5 Posts