TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
It looks like the rear cowl is shorter, cut away from over the muffler, and missing the rubber pad behind the seat.

Could be that the seat is extended over where the rubber pad used to be.

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
Does any know where i can buy this short rear fender? I found this pic on Google images buy was not able to locate a seller.
I believe that is a picture of a Japanese domestic market TW225. Maybe if you ask your friendly Yamaha dealer really, really nicely he may do some digging and try to order one from Japan for you (or not!).

·
Registered
270 Posts
I believe that is a picture of a Japanese domestic market TW225. Maybe if you ask your friendly Yamaha dealer really, really nicely he may do some digging and try to order one from Japan for you (or not!).

Yea, agree. That looks like a Japanese specific model of the 225. Might be able to source it from Japan—I don't think it's really any different other than a few styling and the motor being a 225.

Reactions: jtomelliott49

·
Registered
85 Posts
I kind of dig that rear end - especially for a more urban/supermoto setup.

So a bit off topic but may be able to help the OP, can anyone recommend Japanese site(s) that you can source JDM OEM parts? Like the BikeBandit (or similar) in Japan? Anything similar for SE Asia and/or UK/EU?

I have my next potential project swirling around in my small brain and access to other market parts may be helpful. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Once I knew what I was looking for it was easy to find on eBay ( thanks TB- Brian )however they only had three, expensive however shipping from Japan is also pricey .....yahoo Japan auction is a good place to start although you do have to do some copy and paste and Google translate To find what you’re looking for ... webike.com is a bit easier croooooper.com has lots of used parts.. I’ll post pic when it comes in thanks fellas

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took me a bit to get the cowl from japan and needed to fab a rear tail lights bracket. But its done .. I think that it gives it less of a dirtbike look and more of a sport\ street feel. As i live in chicago i dont get to off road as much as i would like, didnt really need a long cowl as i never take equipment with me when i ride..
I like the look if the naked \tracker\brat bikes but dont like how the " naked " look of the bike removes parts of the

Attachments

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Lookin' good!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm looking for a cheap US one to trim down. I've got a buddy in Japan that could bring me a Japanese spec fender but I'm cheap lol.

·
Registered
664 Posts
To me it gives the bike a "Ready To Pounce" look. Good clean job on the tail lights install.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Looking for one of these fenders but can't find a place to buy one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts