TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I continue to see threads about members installing short levers and I want them! However, every post refers to the new-fangled disk brake model bikes and won't work for me. So who can make my day and post a link for adjustable two-finger levers for the early front drum bikes? I can't seem to find any...

·
Registered
765 Posts
Short shifter? I thought everyone wanted a longer one......

Reactions: Workingman

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgive the typo in the title...

·
Registered
765 Posts
I should have read the post. Sorry!
You might could just use a clutch lever on the brake side. Flip it over and see if it would work.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Look up ASV inventions they make adjustable levers. I have them on one of my bikes and I really like them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anyone found anything for us lately? Something that keeps the clutch/brake switches functioning? Seems to be a tall order...

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The ASV's look really nice, and if I'm not mistaken, you receive only the levers. That means they still require the factory perches - so I would assume that clutch and brake switches remain functional. Don't quote me on that because I do not have them. Outside of reddave's price range... or they would be installed already!

Reactions: mtnkid85

·
Registered
95 Posts
I might have a short lever setup on a set of handlebars off a 87, gonna have to check to see if there,s a brand on it later.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yea, the ASVs are spendy but if they do activate the switches they might be the best bet for us.
Terk, if you can look that would be great. Maybe even snap a picture of the brake lever. Im still thinking a flipped clutch lever may be workable for us as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I pulled the brake and clutch levers off my 1999 tw to compare them and they will in fact swap side to side if you flip them over. So I went ahead and ordered some cheapy eBay clutch levers for a 2008 wr250r to try. Hopefully they are short enough for two fingers.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The shorty I have has no makers marking on it.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just figured I should update my original post...

Copied from this thread Shorty brake lever for drum front-Sold

I'm happy to report that I have discovered the source of this "shorty" lever for the early model front drum brake TW200's! This lever is manufactured by Parts Unlimited. Part #44-4106 is a set of brake AND clutch levers in black. #44-4105 is available in silver. Here's the best part - found this set on eBay for $12!

20210710_155917[1].jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts