TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the V-Star rear shock is a direct bolt it (I need to lower the bike some more).
But WHICH V-star shock is the one to use?

Does anyone have a year/model number I should be looking for?

The rider is 100lbs and 5' even with the mods done to the stock suspension it is STILL too high :eek:

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
"Too high" is a relative term. At 5 feet they should have around a 28" inseam. Sometimes you just have to learn to dab a foot and you get used to it. There's no need to have both feet on the ground. To each his own but you may want to have them give it a shot. If not then you can drill a new shock mounting hole.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already relocated the rear shock, and modified to stroke of the stock one. She has ridden it 200+ miles bike is simply too tall. She is all torso and no leg. Bike need to be lowered another 1"
Also already made a custom seat etc so getting there but not quite made it yet.

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
If you have already drilled a the lower shock mount with a lower hole and have taken out material from the seat. I don't know if there is anything else to do. Lowered my wifes (5'1" she says 5'1 and a half :) ) by drilling the lower mount and dropping the front. Lowered it 3-4 inches.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have already drilled a the lower shock mount with a lower hole and have taken out material from the seat. I don't know if there is anything else to do. Lowered my wifes (5'1" she says 5'1 and a half :) ) by drilling the lower mount and dropping the front. Lowered it 3-4 inches.
That is why I want to do the V-Start shock mod I just dont know which model V-Star from which to get the shock.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you're looking for a short V-Star shock I'd start with looking at ones off a V-Star 250, the smallest of them all. The nice thing is if that's the one you need you should be able to pick up a used set pretty cheap since the V-Star 250 is the exact same bike that they've been building since 1988. In the past the past 24 years it's been called the Virago 250, the Route 66, and now the V-Star 250. The only changes over the years have been the name, paint and finally some better handlebars in the last few years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts