TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend Putt-putt was kind enough to send me these blue beauties that he purchased, but was unable to fit onto his TW. He was right, they didn't even come close to fitting, so I sold them on Craigslist.

IMG_0101.JPG

After a little research, I used the proceeds from the sale of these blue ones to buy a couple of pairs of these grey ones to confirm that they would indeed fit on 2001 and up TW's (front disc brake models). They took a couple of weeks to get here with free shipping from China, but they are very nicely made and fit perfectly. I kept one set and mailed the other set to Putt-putt who just received them.

Here is how they compare to the stock levers.

IMG_0613.JPG

IMG_0612.JPG

IMG_0610.JPG

View attachment 182530

View attachment 182534

IMG_0618.JPG

Note: You will need to re-use the small coil spring that fits inside the stock brake lever, so be careful not to lose it.

Here is the link for the ones I ordered, I selected the WR250R, years 2007-2016:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/281877805907

Less than $20.00 for the pair and they come in various colors.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
more bling on brian's bike... mine would be lipstick on a pig. very sharp looking!

what's the reason they wouldn't fit a easily on a pre-2001 bike? inquiring drum brakers wanna know.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Here is the link for the ones I ordered, I selected the WR250R, years 2007-2016:

They look really cool. They also list a TW200 fitment, so just out of curiosity why did you choose the WR250 ones? Or was it the TW ones that didn't fit originally? ��

Edit: Sorry, forget that ^^ it won't let me select TW after all.

·
Registered
13,330 Posts
This time I'm serious, I copied the link/info and emailed it to myself so I won't have to remember where I found it. Too many times in the past I've forgotten and can't find the links when these shorty levers come up in a thread.

Thanks TW-Brian, you the man...again. :icon_thumleft:

·
Registered
19,405 Posts
Sorry I gave an imprecise link for these last year, interested parties were directed at that time to find the cross reference for their bike before ordering . LittleTommy posted a link for the drum brake model at that time. But once again parts for TWs have very few listings, however many parts on TWs are shared with many other Yamaha models. Simply find cross references for your model year when a listing for a TW is not obvious, then order item for a comparable bike..in this instance levers from 2007 through 2016 WR250s as well as from other models and other manufactures will fit disc brake equipped TW200s.
Boats.net used to feature cross reference listings, have not checked lately though.

Anyways I have been using these shorty levers for a few years now and really like them. Very hard for an impact displaced handguard to trap the lever like what can easily happen with a stock lever and those tight fitting Acerbis and their Chinese clone hand guards. One or two finger operation is easy leaving other fingers free to hang on. Plus they tend to pivot out of the way rather than bend or break.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
more bling on brian's bike... mine would be lipstick on a pig. very sharp looking!

what's the reason they wouldn't fit a easily on a pre-2001 bike? inquiring drum brakers wanna know.
Hi Joe,

The clutch lever should work fine, so you could put lipstick on one of your pig's lips :D!

However, the front brake lever and perch for the 1987 - 2000 TW's must accommodate a brake cable, while the 2001+ front brake utilizes a perch mounted master cylinder and the brake lever needs only a small nub to actuate the plunger on the master cylinder.

Maybe one of you drum brakers can do a little research and see if there are any of these shorty levers that will work for your bikes.

Brian

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Thanks, Fred.
So, where do you find the cross references of ** to TW?

Sorry I gave an imprecise link for these last year, interested parties were directed at that time to find the cross reference for their bike before ordering . LittleTommy posted a link for the drum brake model at that time. But once again parts for TWs have very few listings, however many parts on TWs are shared with many other Yamaha models. Simply find cross references for your model year when a listing for a TW is not obvious, then order item for a comparable bike..in this instance levers from 2007 through 2016 WR250s as well as from other models and other manufactures will fit disc brake equipped TW200s.
Boats.net used to feature cross reference listings, have not checked lately though.

Anyways I have been using these shorty levers for a few years now and really like them. Very hard for an impact displaced handguard to trap the lever like what can easily happen with a stock lever and those tight fitting Acerbis and their Chinese clone hand guards. One or two finger operation is easy leaving other fingers free to hang on. Plus they tend to pivot out of the way rather than bend or break.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Ordered! Thanks for posting the link.
Cool addition for my TW "makeover" project to a 80/20 road/dirt bike.
I've used Pazzo Racing shorty levers on my sport & sport/touring bikes for years. Top racing quality but expen$$ive as hell...a $20 set for the TW is just about right!

Anybody know where I can find the crossover table for other Yamaha parts to TW?

·
Registered
149 Posts
They look really cool. They also list a TW200 fitment, so just out of curiosity why did you choose the WR250 ones? Or was it the TW ones that didn't fit originally? ��

Edit: Sorry, forget that ^^ it won't let me select TW after all.
My WR250 shorty levers didn't fit my TW or XT, had to be specific.

They work great for two fingering and spacious inside hand guards.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My friend Putt-putt was kind enough to send me these blue beauties that he purchased, but was unable to fit onto his TW. He was right, they didn't even come close to fitting, so I sold them on Craigslist.

View attachment 182522

After a little research, I used the proceeds from the sale of these blue ones to buy a couple of pairs of these grey ones to confirm that they would indeed fit on 2001 and up TW's (front disc brake models). They took a couple of weeks to get here with free shipping from China, but they are very nicely made and fit perfectly. I kept one set and mailed the other set to Putt-putt who just received them.

Here is how they compare to the stock levers.

View attachment 182524

View attachment 182526

View attachment 182528

View attachment 182530

View attachment 182534

View attachment 182536

Note: You will need to re-use the small coil spring that fits inside the stock brake lever, so be careful not to lose it.

Less than $20.00 for the pair and they come in various colors.
TW-Brian,

Can you confirm..... these were ordered from the Ebay site you listed, and you ordered/chose the WR250R 2007-2016, and that they DID fit the TW200?

I've already ordered, and went off your info, and now I don't see anywhere on that ebay page where they fit ANY TW200. My fault....I shoulda confirmed before ordering. Hoping they DO INDEED fit!

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
TW-Brian,

Can you confirm..... these were ordered from the Ebay site you listed, and you ordered/chose the WR250R 2007-2016, and that they DID fit the TW200?

I've already ordered, and went off your info, and now I don't see anywhere on that ebay page where they fit ANY TW200. My fault....I shoulda confirmed before ordering. Hoping they DO INDEED fit!
Yes Jeff,

Those are what I ordered and they do indeed fit any 2001+ TW200.

Please see my order confirmation below.

Brian

Clutch Brake Levers For Yamaha WR250F/450F/250R/250X YZ125/250/4...
SKU: Manufacture Year: 2007-2016, Model: WR250R, Side: Pair (Clutch+Brake), Color: Grey
Total: $38.70
Item ID: 281877805907

1 - 20 of 53 Posts