TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2021 TW200
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new to the TW. I haven’t ridden a motorcycle since I was a kid and now I’m 50, so I’m as green as green can be. I’ll skip all the reasons I got the TW because I would just be preaching to the choir. Purchased a 2021 about a month ago and love it. I find myself using two fingers to clutch and brake. Feels natural to me and gives me a grip while doing it. I’ve read some old threads on shorty levers, but was hoping to hear some updated thoughts and choices. Thanks In advance!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Find threads on some shorty levers purchased off eBay. They are Yamaha spec but not TW200 so you'll have to make sure you find the right ones. I got them and they work perfect for 2 finger operation. Very adjustable and darn near indestructible as well. I recall I posted when I got mine and even posted photos. Good luck searching!

EDIT
I found the eBay listing, just don't remember which Yamaha model I ordered.
Shorty clutch and brake levers

The price is for BOTH levers. Very reasonable.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
Here's a link.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I got a shorty lever like Ronnydog. My TW jumped over in the driveway, I think it was trying to escape. It broke the end of my clutch lever off. I filed the burrs off the end, put some heat tubing over it and now it looks like it was made that way.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm the same way. 2-fingers on each side. I simply cut my stock levers down, so that the 2-fingers operating the lever, doesn't mash the rest of the lever, into my other 2-fingers holding the bar.

Simple and free. The saved money could get you spare levers and shifter lever, for trail-side replcement after a crash.

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jetted, S-moto fender, R-Fender delete, custom LED tail+lightbar, Moose Rack, Shad SH39
87 Posts
Been running these for a couple years, no complaints beyond the stock rubber boots not fitting over them, but I'd imagine that's an issue with most aftermarket levers.

Pic before I put the guards and mirrors back on. I have them adjusted out a bit for larger hands.
Look really great! Question: Do these allow your Brake light switch & Clutch safety switch to work correctly, like OE?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jetted, S-moto fender, R-Fender delete, custom LED tail+lightbar, Moose Rack, Shad SH39
87 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Looking at maybe buying a set of these.
Question: Do they allow your Brake light switch & Clutch safety switch to work correctly, like OE?

Thanks in advance.
Yessir, they are direct swaps, shouldn't bother the switches at all... just make sure you tighten the bolts/screws on the levers when you get them, QA/QC is a little... ehhh

·
Registered
463 Posts
Reactions: SEADUB200

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yessir, they are direct swaps, shouldn't bother the switches at all... just make sure you tighten the bolts/screws on the levers when you get them, QA/QC is a little... ehhh
Gotcha. Thanks for reply. I read posts re: thin nylon washers used to fine tune for lever slop. I’m fine with making tweaks like that on an otherwise decent enough piece.

If anyone knows the specs for the nylon washers, I can get them ordered in advance:

1) Thickness
2) Outside Diameter
3) Inside Diameter

Thanks!

Reactions: TWBigBlake

·
Registered
832 Posts
Gotcha. Thanks for reply. I read posts re: thin nylon washers used to fine tune for lever slop. I’m fine with making tweaks like that on an otherwise decent enough piece.

If anyone knows the specs for the nylon washers, I can get them ordered in advance:

1) Thickness
2) Outside Diameter
3) Inside Diameter

Thanks!
Don't bother with the nylon washers, after taking them apart and putt the washers in, it just never quite seemed right, the handles didn't work right, so I took them out. It's really not as bad as I originally thought. I should go back and update that post.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Don't bother with the nylon washers, after taking them apart and putt the washers in, it just never quite seemed right, the handles didn't work right, so I took them out. It's really not as bad as I originally thought. I should go back and update that post.
Ahh, OK, cool. Thanks for the update - would save me a step. Still considering options, but this one seems to be a top contender.

Reactions: TWBigBlake
1 - 20 of 26 Posts