TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is a 2011 with about 9200 miles. All stock, only mods is new grips, bigger pegs and some handguards. Owner says it has a new battery and tires.

Should I be concerned about the mileage / custom paint job?

I am currently in Guam for a while so this is the only local option currently besides a new 2020 from the Yamaha dealer here... ($5800 OTD)

He is asking $2300

Thank you for your help everyone !

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Well, mileage certainly isn't a problem IF it has been properly maintained and has records to prove it.
However, I would be embarrassed to be seen on that bike unless I was a girl. ;)

·
Registered
20,629 Posts
Since not many other options on Guam I'ld say buy it if it suits you and runs well.
Not much visible rust for an island bike.
Rear turn signals are aftermarket but no big deal.
Personally I like what my wife calls "panty blue" figuring it looks more like a 6 fathom deep sandy bottom somewhere.
lagoon.jpg

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
That seems like a decent price for a market with little supply. Check it over very closely. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Go for it! Then start thinking about what color your going to paint it...

Reactions: TW_in_BC and Donzo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I waited and waited a while for the right motorcycle to come up after seeing the posted TW200 and I finally caved into buying it. I got the seller down to $1700!!! Compared to the only other option of spending $6500 at the stealership... this was a steal!! The color definitely didn't strike me very well...so I decided to change it!

I tore her apart, cleaned everything, adjusted everything to spec, retorqued all nuts and bolts so I KNOW they are good... I preety much had my hands all over her to make her my bike. The only major item to fix was a leaking shift shaft seal. The local dealer here stocks a lot of TW200 parts so I was able to pickup the seal and a side cover gasket for cheap.. they didn't have the output shaft seals but they aren't leaking so its currently a non-issue.

She is definitely cold blooded... even in this warm environment. I may consider a re-jet. Still trying to figure out what to name her.

Thanks everyone!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts