TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. First time poster here. A buddy of mine offered to sell me his 2000 TW with only 672 original miles for $850. Has a new agm battery. It has been sitting for about a year so carb will need to be cleaned. Other than that it looks to be in good condition. Anything I should be keeping an eye out for? Below are some pics..

·
Registered
19,400 Posts
Fantastic buy, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Please get it and you shall be happy. lots of help here to get it purring. You could always sell it later if you do not like it, hard to imagine. Go for it.

Wow, I want it! :rolleyes: I hope you live far away from me or I will try to trick you out of it:p

Welcome to Forum.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
a tdub for $850??? buy it and run! you could sell it to most anyone here for near twice that.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Heck of a first post coming in here with a story like that to tease us with. Absoulutely buy that bike. Welcome to the forum by the way. You will come to love the comraderie here and folks will help with any questions you might have along the way.

There are a lot of folks getting together for rides in their areas, you might share with us where you are, at least what state or country.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live in Katy, TX. Picking the bike up next weekend and already planning many mods. I'm drooling looking at the pro-cycle site lol. Ordered an fx-39 helmet and some gloves yesterday to tease me until I pick up the bike. First things I want to take care of are maybe Pro taper bars with the risers and extended footpegs for comfort.

·
Registered
312 Posts
uuuuuuggggggg why why why cant I get that luckey!!!!!! geeez never seen a tw that low a price that nice, that is a gift at that price for shure. Oh and welcome to the forum to!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To be honest i was looking for a bigger dual purpose bike until my buddy told me he was trying to sell his TW. Started looking up info about it and came across this site and have read nothing but good things! Knew I had to jump on it especially after hearing it had only 672 miles!

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
^^^^You got what you need size and durability wise...at that price, you can keep the tw and then move up to something bigger, and keep both....you just legally stole that sweet ride!

·
Registered
19,400 Posts
2" bar risers , upgraded footpegs and Seat Concept replacement seat foam/cover are most recogmended ergonomic improvements. More than 2" bar lift requires longer control cables.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Welcome. Don't worry about buying mods yet, get it and get it running first then decide what you want to change. Yes you will most likely want to jet the carb and raise the bars, but try it first to see. If nothing else you will know why you are changing it but don't change it to what we like change it to what you liken and how you ride.

Price wise, that's salvage price for that bike. Thank your friend you owe him. In a couple months you will probably be wondering why you wanted a larger, heavier, more maintenance intensive dual sport.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey guys. First time poster here. A buddy of mine offered to sell me his 2000 TW with only 672 original miles for $850.
$850 ?? A pre 2001 TW will sell for twice as that or more in where i live..! You better hurry or someone else will grab it..!

·
Registered
240 Posts
To be honest i was looking for a bigger dual purpose bike until my buddy told me he was trying to sell his TW.!
I call :bs: or :icon_santa: is visiting you late this year. Hearing/reading stories like this makes most of us want to :protest:, :puke: or :BangHead: for not getting to it before you did. Nobody :nono:has ever had to TRY and sell a lightly used TW for:shocked: $850:confused4::blink::sad3::tard:. I think you're missing a 1 between the $ and the 8. Unless he lives on the backside of nowhere:hiding:, he'd have people calling you at 2:00am :sleepy2::angry9:with a price like that. This would be one of those stories where someone says:eek:ccasion18:: "I placed my xxxx on craigslist and it sold in less than 10 seconds . :greedy_dollars:people scour craigslist for sellers not knowing what they have. Others look through craigslist and flag stuff as :spam4: when it's too good to be true.

Any which way you cut it, you OWE :notworthy:your buddy a nice dinner and maybe dancing:bootyshake: for him and his significant:love8: other (you babysitting if necessary) and a keg of beer :eek:ccasion14:(or two) for his next party/get together:eek:ccasion5::wav::eek:ccasion16:.

Also, please use this link to let us know where you are. We are a friendly:hello: bunch and most of us would love to get together with TWers for a ride, drink or adventure.

http://tw200forum.com/forum/dcMembermap.php

TW-map.jpg

·
Registered
912 Posts
I'm right at 5'11". Any of you taller guys feel awkward or uncomfortable with the height or is there easy modifications to be done?
I am 6'3". Pro-Taper ATV bars (2" taller and a bit wider) and the wider foot pegs for foot comfort and that's all I needed.

As for the bike: Remember it is 13+ years old. No telling what someone else has done to it. The one I just bought probably needs a carb float gasket and rebuild. But, it is running good and not leaking so I am going to leave it alone even though I would like to know what jets are in the carb and how it looks inside. Some people love to fuss with their carbs. I can do it but I don't HAVE to do it. So, I don't.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
congrats and welcome...great deal you got there...

Welcome. Don't worry about buying mods yet, get it and get it running first then decide what you want to change.
^^^what he said...but i will say i'm 6' tall and within 1 ride i knew i wanted wider pegs and higher bars...i just decided to go with new bars over the bar risers...i feel like i remember someone posting up the differences between the stock bars and the pro taper se high atv bars but i can't seem to find it...i feel like they had a little more sweep on them

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
nice deal! you'll love it!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys! I'll post up some more pictures once I get it and check out how dirty the carb really is. I sure did get lucky with this TW! Already ordered a 47t sprocket and progrip 714 rally grips from procycle. Next is probably going to be protaper bars, but I'm gonna ride it as it is for a while. You guys are a great bunch and very helpful. Great forum here :cool:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts