TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it worth trying to clean my ignition if my key wont turn anymore? Im going to get a spare made soon and if that doesn't work im going to attempt cleaning - i dont know how but I'll figure it out. If these dont work can yall recommend a replacement ignition/gas cap?

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Sure, try a spray of WD40 and wiggle it. If your key won't turn it's usually because the lock has corroded. A new key won't have any effect.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
very easy to disassemble the ignition shockingly all you need is a phillips screwdriver to get all the way to the actual tumblers ! You can re-lube the tumblers and even remove 1 or even all 5 tumblers if they are causing resistance the ignition works fine with no tumblers at all but any key will start the bike although nobody knows that but you . The switch itself usually has dielectric grease and if that has dried up it can make the switch very hard to turn

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I appreciate the help, wet lube worked out a piece of plastic in there. Probably from a neighbors kid playing on my bike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts