TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20,388 Posts
I would delete the automatic transmission and add some foot pegs.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Auto trans okay on a scooter, not that little beast.
That didn't work out well for Honda and their auto Fat Cat vs. manual shift BW200/350 (Though I like both of them a lot).
One of the few times Honda got beaten and abandoned a project so quickly.

Reactions: PlacerLode

·
Registered
2,422 Posts

·
Registered
20,388 Posts
A proper Catherham has a ton of built in lightness. Helps to be in a proper color too.;) super 7.jpeg

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
A proper Catherham has a ton of built in lightness. Helps to be in a proper color too.;) View attachment 199984
I sold one of my Featherlite enclosed trailers to a guy in Seattle who built these things supposedly they had quite a following but wasn't my cup of tea for the money

this was a prototype we've been drooling over for a decade or more here and most bikes can be
snowmobiles" with a few hours of wrenching

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
That concept is from 6 years ago [Notice the now defunct Caterham F1 livery]. Sorry to break it to you, but there won't be more than that one.

Formula1B.jpg

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this was a prototype we've been drooling over for a decade or more here and most bikes can be
snowmobiles" with a few hours of wrenching
Understood, I've seen timbersleds, but I think it's a fun idea that you've got some attachable section of the bike that you get it in a kit with your atv-tire-bike when you buy it.

And it looks freakin awesome.

·
Registered
20,388 Posts
Nice that that Honda has a grab bar on the rear to pick it out of the snow once it founders.
Now I'ld rather have any Lotus Super7 . This one left Collin Chapman's shed when I was still in diapers.
Lotus founder Colin Chapman's most famous quote is "simplify, then add lightness." seven.jpg

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
I thought that was a great video. The biggest thing he said about the TW was it was fun though he couldn't really explain it. That is the TW definition, fun and can take you anywhere even though you may not understand how it got you there.
he likes to hear himself talk.. he did say one thing, and that would be for Admiral. hang on Kris.....he said.....you don't need a hammer to work on a TW200 ..gasp..... isn't that like..sacrilege

·
Registered
20,388 Posts
For scale comparisons those Maxxis Bighorn tires are a bit over 26 inches tall while the Grom's 130/70-12 tires run about 17 inches tall. That help? grom.jpeg

·
Registered
858 Posts
Auto trans okay on a scooter, not that little beast.
That didn't work out well for Honda and their auto Fat Cat vs. manual shift BW200/350 (Though I like both of them a lot).
One of the few times Honda got beaten and abandoned a project so quickly.
The fatcat while not a commercial success is in my opinion really the best offroad bike ever built for the terrain I ride. it walks up stuff that puts real motocross guys flat on their a$$3$. It takes some getting used to but its really a dream of a bike. It was actually successful as a racing bike in its class. everyone who sees one in real life is tripping over themself to buy one. It had alot of innovative features and feels like riding a three wheeler.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts