TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20,206 Posts
Noticed the Marquis was sitting surprisingly level with TW carried so far back. Good work.
Buddy once put his pit bike in the trunk and ferried us and three beater roof-top canoes to run some N.Y. whitewater...Maybe the Susquehanna? Anyways a motorcycle parked at the take out really works better than hitch-hiking back upstream.:p

·
Registered
928 Posts
2001 Mercury Grand Marquis LS....with some suspension upgrades and such
DUDE! Really? ! I thought so but thought it was sitting too high in the back to be true. I have one and was about to sell it in favor of buying a SUV. but this gives me hope. What suspension upgrades did you do?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
GHDave was telling me in Moab that that's the same reason he originally got a TW200. Now he and the Mrs both have one.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put livery springs all around (limo springs) thru NAPA with heavy duty shocks to match up front, HD air shocks out back and also air lift coil bladders in back...this gave me about 3+" of lift...I had 245/70/16 all terrian Destinstion AT were great but a little loud on the road and rubbed ever so slightly up front....I now have 235/70/16
Destination LE2...excellent road manners. Also have high flow intake, polished upper intake and performance lower intake manifold. Loaded like this with gear 16-20mpg on highway depending on load and terrain...unloaded 25-28mpg hwy...it has been a very good vehicle for me

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Roof rack is a yakima. .. with quick detectable towers... had to drill 12 holes in the roof...but very useful. ladders, wood and of course lots of canoes and rafts 20150711_110135_resized_1.jpg added the front brush guard to tie off to after pic

·
Registered
928 Posts
Thanks for the excellent detailed info. I imagine doing those upgrades and adding in a new paint job would cost me much less than buying a used SUV. :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This car owes me nothing... owned it since '06..bought from dad with 80, 000mi, at half the blue book...paid off since'08... now 215k...some minor stuff..I usually stay ahead of the curve with maintenance..luv this car...and still looks pretty good

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry for the bump, but were you by chance driving down route 460 past Blacksburg the other day dragging a camper behind you? I saw a car that looks very similar pulling one after work.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Who needs a truck when good ol' ingenuity will rule the road!! Nicely done, Ledmelon!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I do occasionally drag a pop up camper but not recently...although I did drive with my motorcycle on the bumper this past weekend up 460 and back to New River Gorge WV ...actually most weekends I make that trip

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no way...this is so much more comfortable than a truck. I get 27 mpg hwy(with rack off and not towing anything) I also have a 6x12 trailer for pickup kind of stuff...towing and or loaded 18 to 22 mpg..pulled a loaded popup camper and two canoes on the rack, car loaded to the hilt with gear and 3 passengers to Tennessee in march 18 mpg...believe I'll stick with my car

1 - 19 of 19 Posts