TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

The side head gasket, the one where inside you see the gear and the timing chain on top of the head of engine
The code is 93211-05471-00 right?
What are the specs of this if I don't want a Yamaha official one? What I need to tell to a general bike shop and parts?

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
Its a big o-ring. I had trouble finding one but I did find one that was a little to small. It stretched like a rubber band and fit in the groove and works like a charm.

The groove the o-ring goes in is 4.25" in diameter. The thickness of the o-ring is about 1/8", or just a teeny bit less but I bet 1/8" will work fine.

I use o-ring number: 2-155 N-70 It is a little small and has to be stretched on but it works just fine. It was the biggest one the place I went to had so I was stuck but it was cheap and I got it right then and there -- no waiting.

Try Graingers.

P4110039.JPG
P4110040.JPG P4110041.JPG

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a big o-ring. I had trouble finding one but I did find one that was a little to small. It stretched like a rubber band and fit in the groove and works like a charm.

The groove the o-ring goes in is 4.25" in diameter. The thickness of the o-ring is about 1/8", or just a teeny bit less but I bet 1/8" will work fine.

I use o-ring number: 2-155 N-70 It is a little small and has to be stretched on but it works just fine. It was the biggest one the place I went to had so I was stuck but it was cheap and I got it right then and there -- no waiting.

Try Graingers.

View attachment 134505
View attachment 134513 View attachment 134521
Brother any possible info in millimiters?
I guess rubber is 108mm diameter and 3mm thickness?

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
Brother any possible info in millimiters?
I guess rubber is 108mm diameter and 3mm thickness?
When you take the cover off you can measure the diameter.

The thickness of the o-ring is just about 3mm. When you put the new o-ring in the groove you want it sticking up a little bit so when you tighten the bolts the rubber is compressed. Once you have a compressed o-ring and metal to metal contact, cover on the head, just a teeny tiny bit tight is all you need. DON'T over tighten the bolts or you will strip the threads in the head. It doesn't have to be very tight and it will stay in place.

P4110038.JPG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts