TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stayed home from work today (sick). So i figured since I'm sitting around on my ass I might as well spend money. If I'm gonna be sick I should make it hurt.
A few years ago i purchased a sidewinder chain and sprockets from Krause racing The gentleman on the other end of the phone was very polite and helpful. I ended up getting they're heavy duty non ring chain and titanium II rear sprocket which has been awesome. I've noticed that the chain has outlasted all the other chains I've used by far and the titanium sprocket is guaranteed for life. long story short I'm working on joebuilders bike doing some reseal on the sprocket side of the motor and noticed the sprockets and chain were wiped out. Why is this important you ask, well because I purchased my chain and sprockets before him. So i just ordered a full set for his bike and upgraded my chain and his to the 10000 lb 420 oring chain. I ride my bike pretty hard and sidewinder has really held up, I totally believe in a lot of cases you get what you pay for. Also if you go to they're website don't pay to much attention to the prices, he discounted everything I purchased. Best to call them on the phone and ask questions. sidewindersprockets.com:D
I'm going with the 14/50 this time most of my riding is off road.
On a side note I believe they make the titanium sprockets to order so it take a few weeks to get them.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Glad you had a positive experience.

I have no experience with the product, but there are a number of negative reviews online concerning deceptive business practices.

And a Better Business Bureau rating of "F".

jb

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
If it's the same Krause Racing he was a contributor to Dirt Bike magazine. Back in the early 80's I ordered from him. Wasn't satisfied. So seems like 30 years of bad service/ product but still in business?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I havent had a bad experience, we shall see on this transaction maybe he turned it around, anyhow I was very happy with the 1st set i got from him. interesting!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts