TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Admiral, Mrs.Admiral, Evan and I went for a 50 mile ride Sunday after all the others had to unfortunately head home, too bad as they missed some more variety.:(

From my place we road to two local peaks,one naked and the other with a fire lookout tower, then two local lakes and a few miles of smooth abandoned rail road grade. We even rode some asphalt!:D

·
Registered
656 Posts
You guys are having just too much fun. It's just not fair! Just keep it up and everyone will be too envious to post.

·
Registered
19,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Mrs. Admiral ( Location: Wherever the Admiral is) is turning into quite an accomplished rider.
The road to Verdi Peak was much rougher than I had both remembered and promised to Mrs. Admiral yet she did just fine for a rookie. After the fire lookout tower we let Lori go ahead as I wanted to take just the manly crowd up LadyBug Peak's twisty access road and figured we could quickly catch up to her after only a 5 minute detour....Well she really boogied down the mountain far ahead of us. Chasing her I eventually encountered some guys coming uphill in a big ol' truck. "Seen a girl on a motorcycle" I asked..."Yeah, she's waiting for you guys down the hill" was the reply.:p
Admiral has a real winner with Lori.
Both are really fantastic people and now have joint custody of the well earned and richly deserved Traveling LZRBRTH Award they received at Saturday's pot roast dinner.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Sunday was a fun day! We were all a bit sore at the start but soon the excitement of riding took over. I was having a tough time going over the loose rocks on the way to Verdi peak and glanced in my mirrors to see how far back Lori was. She was right friggin behind me.....probably saying "get going old man".....:p. On the way down to the lakes I had to tell Fred to quit riding slow cuz she is easily keeping up! So Fred went back to normal speed and everyone was happy. Was a really fun day of zooming around on our Tdubs! At the end of our ride we came up on a stranded dirtbike rider who ran out of gas. Was about to give him my extra fuel bottle gas but his buddies were coming back soon with gas and there was plenty of daylight left.

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
The road to Verdi Peak was much rougher than I had both remembered and promised to Mrs. Admiral yet she did just fine for a rookie. Chasing her I eventually encountered some guys coming uphill in a big ol' truck. "Seen a girl on a motorcycle" I asked..."Yeah, she's waiting for you guys down the hill" was the reply.:p
glanced in my mirrors to see how far back Lori was. She was right friggin behind me.....probably saying "get going old man".....:p. On the way down to the lakes I had to tell Fred to quit riding slow cuz she is easily keeping up! So Fred went back to normal speed and everyone was happy. Was a really fun day of zooming around on our Tdubs! At the end of our ride we came up on a stranded dirtbike rider who ran out of gas. Was about to give him my extra fuel bottle gas but his buddies were coming back soon with gas and there was plenty of daylight left.

During her first year of riding, she is riding roads and trails I wouldn't have after 5 years of riding. Improving very fast she is!

It wasn't until we returned to base that I found out the ride we saw at the intersection was out of fuel. Glad you offered and that he had help on the way because all I did was smile and wave to him when we left. Hope it turned out good for him.

·
Registered
367 Posts
probably saying "get going old man".....:p.
Ha ha that makes me laugh as that's exactly what I was thinking - 'old fart get outta my way!!!!!!!!!!!!' giggle
Not really though, I was actually thinking 'oh crap, it looks tough....I don't wanna crash..' Luckily, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
You did great Mrs. Admiral! Truth be told, there were places along the ride for all of us where we had an "OH CRAP!" moment! I personally seem to recall a slightly deep water area... :rolleyes:

We all rode like a bunch of kids on Saturday, & like kids, we all pulled it off without hardly more than a scratch! Sure was fun! :cool: m.

·
Registered
19,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wondered where you were Mountain Redbelly, for we would have enjoyed to have "met you in the creek":rolleyes:
Tell Patty we really appreciated her home made jelly from Moab, made many a pancake truly scrumptious.

·
Registered
312 Posts
While you guys were playing down there I was up in Admirals back yard. We camped up above Custer on the Yankee Fork and spent 5 days ATVing between Challis and Seafoam Mine area but barely touched it. Mines, Fire Towers, Fly Fishing. It was a blast. If I knew about all the single track up there around Bayhorse and west of Bonanza I would have taken the TW. Highly recommend exploring the area...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts