TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a slideshow of video clips from summer solstice ride to Signal Peak, Fordyce Lake, Sterling Lake, a nice granite slick rock trail to Mossy Pond, Upper Lola Montez Lake, the aftermath of a maybe 6ft high side fall onto granite slab ( arm, elbow, shoulder armor and helmet took impact, I am a believer now) and some scenic single-track. Video is a little long but has lots of variety

Ride was June 21st, not 14th.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Great video! Thanks for sharing it with us. You have some beautiful, rugged terrain over there. Glad you are ok after the high side.

·
Registered
19,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tentatively proposing a repeat third weekend in July (Saturday 19th?) . Who else is interested?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
You know I would Fred but my JET is in the cleaners

Nice video Fred , Nice to know the trails are the same and the rocks are exactly where I left them . Now if I can borrow that caravan or get the Caribou started! I might make it.:)

Tentatively proposing a repeat third weekend in July (Saturday 19th?) . Who else is interested?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Great video of some very beautiful country. With all those gorgeous small lakes, it looks like a fisherman's paradise. Thanks for taking us along!

·
Registered
19,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used to cary a telescoping rod and reel to catch and release 'lil trout on my rides but last few years just ride from one lake to a other without fishing which is usually not good during mid-day anyways. The bigger Fordyce Lake still allows primitive lakeside camping so I go there to car-camp and fish from kayak at dawn and dusk when lake is usually glassy calm.
Say Greenbomb, you could have taken some of those rocks with you to Arkansas and left me a smoother trail to play on. Come get some with your Gulfstream. A float equipped Beaver or Otter could fly your TW right to the lake and we load up your rocks why you ride.

·
Registered
13,403 Posts
Boy, that was a great video. You holding back video's?:D If not you need to make more. That railroad hut reminds me of a Maginot Line Bunker or something! I've never seen or heard of another like it, so it must be unique.

Hope you're ok after the off. With all the rocks available to you, I'm not sure if you would have had a safe place to land anywhere on this ride. Thanks a lot for sharing!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Got some pics somewhere with the plane on the FROZEN Fordyce . Do have a Float equipped Ampib Quicksilver BUT at the speed it flies it would be faster to drive there from here . You do make me wish I was there sometimes . There I got over that Thought for now . Mainly cause I can't get two acre's on a lake for $150k You guys have fun for me on the trail ride.

'
I used to cary a telescoping rod and reel to catch and release 'lil trout on my rides but last few years just ride from one lake to a other without fishing which is usually not good during mid-day anyways. The bigger Fordyce Lake still allows primitive lakeside camping so I go there to car-camp and fish from kayak at dawn and dusk when lake is usually glassy calm.
Say Greenbomb, you could have taken some of those rocks with you to Arkansas and left me a smoother trail to play on. Come get some with your Gulfstream. A float equipped Beaver or Otter could fly your TW right to the lake and we load up your rocks why you ride.

·
Registered
19,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Admiral, I never saw the likes of it before either. My explanation comes from Google Earth and seems to make sense. Unique turret overlooking canyon at a major bend in Yuba River affords a multi-mile view in both directions. No signage or dates could be found. Walls are cemented local rock rubble, arched roof is concrete. As for the fall I am amazed I am uninjured, landed just right on smooth slab. I was climbing that slab, wheeled at bit near top and my foot brake stab to control things only pulled bike over to right and it was all downhill from there.
Greenbomb, I am intrigued by the ice landing at Fordyce. You flyboys tend to collect interesting stories, and your Quicksilver ultralight is kinda like the TW of the skies anyways. So how about a story or pic or two in our very off topic tolerant Off Topic section?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts