TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a weird one for ya! I know, usually, you guys have trouble getting the exhaust tip/silencer off. In my case, it just fell off.
Went for a quick ride, saw i was on 90 miles and flipped the petcock to what I thought was reserve and rode on. ran out of gas. ??What?? I'm on reserve so I guess that means start pushing. So I'm pushing, go about 1/2 mile when I stop to take a break and thought this can't be right. Looked and i'm not on reserve and ride the 1/4 mile I had left to the gas station. As I'm pulling in the bike is suddenly louder. I look when I'm at the pump and of course, my silencer is hanging half way out of my exhaust. Screw nowhere in sight.
Long story short, anyone know the screw length/pitch/size of the screw that holds the silencer in? Also, should I put some loctite blue on it? I don't know If It'd do any good once the muffler got hot. Just throw on some red and be done with it?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Sorry I can’t help with the size of the fastener but if it were me I’d do a lock washer. While it’s open, clean and repack it if needed. Cheers

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Go to Partzilla and you can order the exact screw if you can't find the correct size. I use red loctite on a few parts to glue them together. When I need to remove them I get a cigarette lighter and heat it real good then back the screw out. Be cautious if using it though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts