TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few simple changes I have made in the last couple of days.
Original Purchase.jpg Mods remove piece of rear fender.JPG Mods rear fender reduction.JPG IMG_5430.JPG Mods @ 10-27-19.JPG

I removed what I consider "clutter".
Removed license tag metal bracket and mounted tag to fender for closer fit. Cut off exposed fender from under tag.
Removed passenger pegs and mounts.
Removed decals from rear fender and side panels.
Removed side reflectors from front fork.
Installed larger footpegs.
Removed large luggage rack and installed small one.

More simple changes to come:
white front fender and white light cowl
LED headlight
Handguards

·
Registered
287 Posts
Looks like you have put that Dub on a diet. And when you get the white cowl and fenders it will appear even lighter!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
White Front Fender Installed.JPG White Front Fender.JPG

UPS showed up today.

1989-2018 YAMAHA TW200 TW 200 WHITE FRONT FENDER
3AW-21511-20-00 BRAND NEW!
US $54.99 + 12.17 frt.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/391982072761

15 minute install. The hardest part was getting my 72 year old knees off the shop floor. Waiting for white headlight cowl.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like all racks, even ones behind wet t-shirts.

·
Registered
19,201 Posts
Nice uncluttered look, I like it!

Ever wonder why all the rack manufactures made their models high enough so that rider can carry large cargo that extends forward onto the seat rather than 2.5 inches lower so as lower center of gravity and lessen effort to swing a leg over? Mods rear fender reduction.JPG
Washington Larry is one of the few who utilize the space under the rack for secure storage. Nice that someone at least is utilizing the high rack feature. Never saw a TW with a load extending forward onto the seat.
The second time my CycleRack broke I re-welded it to sit lower and flush with the rear plastic, seemed like the logical thing to do. Since my typical tail bag is also that 2.5 inches I end up with a surface about level with the seat anyways for any supercargo should I ever wish to carry a goat or something. goat.jpg

·
Registered
50 Posts
IDK, I sorta like that my rack is flush with the seat. While the tail bag that I keep on the bike doesn't need it, I do have other luggage solutions that will work well with that setup, allowing me to mount my luggage more longitudinally rather than crosswise. The longer flat surface gives me more options. I prefer the flexibility. This may be even more important with the smaller rack like posted above as I see that design almost more of a seat extension than anything... At least other than for carrying a pretty small bag.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
The lower the rack, the lower the CofG.
The lighter the rack, the better the power to weight ratio.
We may be talkin' mice-nuts here, but it all adds up.

I've got a whole big bunch of castrated rodents runnin around here on my ranch (all Texans have ranches).
Think I'm gonna round em' all up and put em' on eBay...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
With all the mice nuts I've removed from my bike, and the increase in power to weight, I could haul around a hundred dollar bill.....if I had one left.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can't help with the rack. It was a spare part I bought from the previous owner.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
With all the mice nuts I've removed from my bike, and the increase in power to weight, I could haul around a hundred dollar bill.....if I had one left.
Oh, how true!
But it's not about money, it's about fun & satisfaction...that's the point.
But not to everyone, I understand that.

About that (lost) weight, though...here's what Colin Chapman said about that, and its' rewards:
"There is nothing lighter than a hole."
"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere."
"Simplify, then add lightness."

Hundred dollar bills are highly over-rated...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
But it's not about money, it's about fun & satisfaction...that's the point. Agreed.
"There is nothing lighter than a hole." As long as we aren't talking about donut holes.
Hundred dollar bills are highly over-rated. That is true. Look at what they get you in the grocery store.
"Simplify, then add lightness." Less is More.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Mr. RidgeRunner -

It seems you & I Sir, are Other Brothers from Other Mothers!;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts