TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't remember a TW model with ears like that... weird.
It's the Pre-1987 Model. Not many people knew or believe there was one and mistakenly give credit to the Big Wheel series as the TW200 predecessor! :p

·
Registered
13,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks like grassy mtn trail,,, anyway i have a few of those long eared critters, rode many of the trails near mccall on the mules and on the tw200 and the bw200,
looks like fun
Yup, sure was. We also rode over to Serene Lake. There was a couple dirt bikes ahead of us looking for the Vance Trail 160 to ride up to Hazard, but neither we nor them could see where that trail parted from the Serene Lake trail. We could easily see the Serene Lake trail but not the one to Hazard. I noticed this year Park & Rec's online trail maps indicates the trail up to Hazard is now non-motorized, so this is a change as it was ok for motorcycles in the past.

I've been tempted to ride the Grassy Lake trail on the TW, but every time we get up there to ride it's on the mules. Saw a video of some dirt bike riders on this trail after the fires went through the area.

You've seen these and they are beautiful.

Grassy Lakes

Serene Lake

The trail to Serene Lake is a deadend, but we couldn't find the Jct. for the other trails which branch off but are indicated on the sign.

We've also ridden down to Coffee Cup Lake

But not down to Frog Lake

Or this lake which the name escapes me right now (Morgan?). Hopefully those tree's are still down there and didn't burn up in the fire.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Very nice weather up there this time of year????

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Admiral, don't want to put you on the spot, but this is one person that just has to do a ride in your area. Some truly beautiful country. I see there was a burn around some of those lakes. Looks like a few years back. I know this year you had some big burns, I know it will come back soon. Nature has a way.

·
Registered
20,170 Posts
Gorgeous country to be viewed from any kind of saddle.
Poor Admiral, to be laid up with a gammy shoulder months away from any doctor approved activity is no fun. At least Kris has gigabytes of memories to review and tease us with.
Nice pics and video.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yup, sure was. We also rode over to Serene Lake. There was a couple dirt bikes ahead of us looking for the Vance Trail 160 to ride up to Hazard, but neither we nor them could see where that trail parted from the Serene Lake trail. We could easily see the Serene Lake trail but not the one to Hazard. I noticed this year Park & Rec's online trail maps indicates the trail up to Hazard is now non-motorized, so this is a change as it was ok for motorcycles in the past.

I've been tempted to ride the Grassy Lake trail on the TW, but every time we get up there to ride it's on the mules. Saw a video of some dirt bike riders on this trail after the fires went through the area.

You've seen these and they are beautiful.

Grassy Lakes

Serene Lake

The trail to Serene Lake is a deadend, but we couldn't find the Jct. for the other trails which branch off but are indicated on the sign.

We've also ridden down to Coffee Cup Lake

But not down to Frog Lake

Or this lake which the name escapes me right now (Morgan?). Hopefully those tree's are still down there and didn't burn up in the fire.

i have been all over that country on the mules, camped at morgan lake many times during elk season, seen many wolves in there also, i have rode vance creek in the past on a tl250 honda , bigwheel didnt make it, tires to wide, the big peak in the back spike camped on top of that for a week a time or two, got so cold and snowed so hard my pack horse fell into the fire trying to get warm one night, a mule would never do that

1 - 12 of 12 Posts