TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some highlight's of recent Camp-n-Ride's singletrack adventures with Mt.Whitney in the background.
Eastern Sierra escarpment is sometimes poetically referred to as The Range of Light, seems appropriate.
Repeating these trails at night was an extremely fun experience. Sorry I didn't video at night to capture a sense of the difference. Sandy hill climbs seem steeper, every turn a bit sharper & the cholla cactus seems a bit closer once the sun goes down.:p

720i resolution if your playback isn't auto

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I like that “ The range of Light”. Luv those Alabama hills.

·
Registered
19,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
In effort to not disturb others we explored remoter single track extending to the north like this sequence. We did disturb lots of butterflies this morning, flushing them from subtle wildflowers growing along trail margins creating brief flashes in the video.

Our ranging further afield revealed some new riding opportunities , some of those turns remain un-sampled. I may not soon get bored here. :D

·
Registered
13,403 Posts
Fun riding for sure. When we when through the area a couple of July's ago, the Alabama Hills where fairly void of humans. We found the humans later up on the Whitney Portal. Hundreds and hundreds of them. I don't enjoy riding much at night largely because I like to look around and see things. It is a different experience though. Wish I could have joined in on the ride as it looks like a blast. Thanks for sharing these Fred, I enjoy them a lot.

·
Registered
19,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OLD W/?? might be fishing for a well deserved compliment since he had given me one of those purty Jimbo Shields. This was after I shattered my old one in a close encounter of the tree trunk kind. But that was on the other ex-Gizmo TW. The Jimbo Shield seen on orange Betty Boop was a gift from another great forum member EVAN, which was itself a gift from the ever so impressive Jimbo Shield creator JIMBO himself. So I guess a shout out of thanks to all three of these great guys is in order.
Lots of extremely nice folks here helping others who share a fondness for these silly little bikes.
Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
The others may deserve a compliment for gifting. I only offered you a low price that you didn't refuse. I actually like the viewing angle better than mine when I've mounted cameras on the top or side of my helmet.

·
Registered
19,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The jaw mount set at proper angle to catch a bit of the dash & mirrors seems to put the video in some context .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts