TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searching the site for specific information is best done by entering the following into a new page on your browser –it goes into the address bar at the top

Site tw200forum.com (followed by what you’re looking for)

So – if you are looking for tires – type into the address bar - site tw200forum.com tires

This will only pull up links to pages from this site, ignoring all others – there’s often quite a few, and you can narrow down the results by trying different search terms, such as – site tw200forum.com front tire

Likewise, if you have already posted a question, it’s always a good idea to then scroll down to the bottom of the page you have posted on – until you get to “Similar Threads” - this is where the site automatically searches for similar terms, giving the links to pages from the past

If you can’t find what you’re looking for, don’t be afraid of starting a new thread to ask for advice – we’re always here to help …….

;)

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Yes, the Google search syntax has changed....it used to have a colon after site....that no longer works. The space after .com is required, same as before.
I have found over years of searching that using several different search terms, from general to more specific, i.e. tires the first time, then front tires, then Shinko, provides a better chance to find what you are looking for. As always, the Forum search bar is nearly useless.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Searching the site for specific information is best done by entering the following into a new page on your browser –it goes into the address bar at the top

Site tw200forum.com (followed by what you’re looking for)

So – if you are looking for tires – type into the address bar - site tw200forum.com tires

This will only pull up links to pages from this site, ignoring all others – there’s often quite a few, and you can narrow down the results by trying different search terms, such as – site tw200forum.com front tire

Likewise, if you have already posted a question, it’s always a good idea to then scroll down to the bottom of the page you have posted on – until you get to “Similar Threads” - this is where the site automatically searches for similar terms, giving the links to pages from the past

If you can’t find what you’re looking for, don’t be afraid of starting a new thread to ask for advice – we’re always here to help …….

;)
this is BS. ( the process, not you Purple ) you would think that since this is a new and improved format, that we would be able to do a search in house. the frustrations just keep piling up

·
Registered
484 Posts
Purple posted that almost two years ago. The search bar at the top of the new forum page seems to work for me... am I missing something?

·
Super Moderator
5,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There was a rumour that the new boards search function had improved, although I haven't looked at it (or even found it) yet ......

·
Registered
20,510 Posts
The "Search" or sometimes appears as "Search Community" button at top center of forum web page is still totally non-functional for me.
However going to the three vertical dots located to right of one's avatar with the alerts can reveal the "ADVANCED SEARCH" which seems to work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts