TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what is up, but the site has become completely unusable. I think it's time for some real work to be done. Seems the database is borked in some fashion. I am getting timeouts and database errors about 2 out of 3 requests. Screenshot below. Please help. Thanks. FYI - It took me about 5 attempts to post this.

Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 11.42.01 AM.png

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
It's been down most of the day. I reported to Vertical Scope. This is the first I can get in and move around.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Not sure what is up, but the site has become completely unusable. I think it's time for some real work to be done. Seems the database is borked in some fashion. I am getting timeouts and database errors about 2 out of 3 requests. Screenshot below. Please help. Thanks. FYI - It took me about 5 attempts to post this.

View attachment 190982

I must have 20 of these screen clips from today. They were sent off to VS. Thanks.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Down from around 1500 hrs GMT- Back up as or 1800 hrs GMT - VSAdmin are aware ......
It's also MUCH faster, responsive and useable now. Thank you to all! :thumbsup:

BTW - I rarely work for free, but if you ever need an extra techy set of eyes and hands, I would be happy to contribute here pro bono ;) I am only a PM away.

Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
4,855 Posts
The Canadian owners of this forum own a lot of others, (you’ll recognise the same login disclaimers). While this is good, in so much that we are now looked after by a large (commercial) outfit, the bad news is the volume of sites they (the tech guys) have to look after. Server changes, migrations to the cloud etc, often affect a lot of sites at once, each with their unique characteristics and needs

A lot of these problems are unpredictable due to the variations in each board, and try as you might, no “one size fits all”. The banking industry has had recent disasters in server migration, Facefudge recently dropped the ball, one social media network has “lost” 12 years of uploads, and there are probably several positions going at Boeing Aerospace at the moment

None of the afore mentioned problems have been fixed in just a few hours, so in that respect we’re quite fortunate

But yeah – I hear ya – and I wish they’d stop messing with it as well …… ;)

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Certainly NO GOOD here for me. I am thoroughly disgusted because I can only post replies if I do them quick. Three times in the last few days I attempted to post rather lengthy replies and when I hit the send key it totally locks up. I can't back out and I can't do anything but wait for the notice to wait or cancel. Even if I click cancel I am still completely locked and have to completely reboot my computer and of course lose the entire reply I was attempting to post.
I guess until this gets fixed all I can do is read because it is not worth my time or effort to try to help by posting replies. It will probably lock me up when I click to post this.

GaryL

It did lock me up but I had it copied so it was easy to start again and just paste it here QUICKLY.

·
Super Moderator
4,855 Posts
I was about to post that it was OK here, but in the last few minutes, my experience pretty much mirrors yours

Funny, because it was fine this morning

If anyone else is experiencing problems today or in the future, please “do not hesitate to contact us, and one of our customer representatives will get back to you as soon as possible” ………

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
I was about to post that it was OK here, but in the last few minutes, my experience pretty much mirrors yours

Funny, because it was fine this morning

If anyone else is experiencing problems today or in the future, please “do not hesitate to contact us, and one of our customer representatives will get back to you as soon as possible” ………
LMAO!

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
I can't catch it bad yet. Keep in mind they are fronting this with caching servers and those need to populate. I would give it 24 more hours to populate all edges.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
OK, now it's slow as all get out again. But it was fine for me.

·
Registered
13,340 Posts
I'm not having nor have I had any problems since a couple of weeks ago. Feed the hampsters!:p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts