TW200 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Well, when I got wind that Kris was heading to Fred’s, I also sought out an invitation.
Too bad we live so far apart. I could ride with these two gents every week.
You 2 need to think about making a trip up here to Southern North, North America, AKA Canada.
We could do a few days around where I live, then move east to Chilliwack and then up to Kamloops and ....

·
Registered
13,654 Posts
Well, when I got wind that Kris was heading to Fred’s, I also sought out an invitation.
Too bad we live so far apart. I could ride with these two gents every week.
You 2 need to think about making a trip up here to Southern North, North America, AKA Canada.
We could do a few days around where I live, then move east to Chilliwack and then up to Kamloops and ....
I'm legal to cross into Canada, so next summer for sure.:icon_thumleft:

·
Registered
13,654 Posts
Six Days Riding in the Sierras Day 2 Fred's Easy Trails

Day 2. ejfranz and I talked Fred into another day of riding the local. When Fred starts talking about "the canyon narrows" or uses the word "nasty or steep" when describing any part of the trail...you know it's gonna be fun.

What can I say? Outstanding place to ride. Boy, did we have fun.

In the video, Fred explains that we'll go riding "level singletrack" or words to that affect.
02.JPG

Rocks ain't level are they?
03.JPG

I'm guessing this ain't level.
05.JPG

If ejfanz and Fred are looking downward, is that level?
01.JPG

Does this look level? Maybe at the bottom.
30.JPG

Ah, now I know what Fred meant. We'll ride the singletrack down to "the water level". Got it!
06.JPG

Tomorrow we move riding headquarters from Fred's place down to the Sweetwaters. The goodness continues.
C0614T01.JPG

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Can't believe how much fun I had riding with these guys.
Having very capable riding companions allowed me to share some of these special places.
However some of our adventures got left on the cutting room floor, like where trying to go up rather than down a trail section leads to mini-mayhem getting over the root of all evil.

·
Registered
13,654 Posts
Can't believe how much fun I had riding with these guys.
Having very capable riding companions allowed me to share some of these special places.
However some of our adventures got left on the cutting room floor, like where trying to go up rather than down a trail section leads to mini-mayhem getting over the root of all evil.
Like an idiot, I didn't have the camera on. Otherwise, that section would have definitely made it in the movie. Gee-Dang-it! I need to leave the camera on more! It would have been "epic" to see ejfranz ride my TW up and over since I wasn't up to the task. I have my limitations. I would have tried it again but when it was offered I gladly accepted. Had I tried an missed, at least there was a 50-50 chance of landing in the sand. The other 50 was the rocks. I'll admit I pussed out on that section. Camera on next time!!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Thats nothing. I pussed out on a road on the side of a mountain in Idaho and 5 minutes ago I got talked into the colored trails and Waterfall trail at the Swell next weekend.
That was for sure an epic trip you guys had together...

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Have fun Bodi, and stay warm on those very challenging trails.
Our rides only had but the briefest of technical sections as I tried to stitch together entertaining but doable stuff that would still leaves us & bikes intact enough for the next day's ride...after all these first two days were just the
hors d'oeuvres before the main course.

·
Registered
13,654 Posts
Six Days Riding in the Sierras Day 3 - Desert Creek

We head to the Sweetwaters and hit the singletrack trails. Desert Creek Trail was first on the menu! Yummy!

We're gonna pretend the trail doesn't drop off on one side.
03.JPG

We're gonna pretend there isn't rocks we have to ride through and won't hurt our toes
01.JPG

We're gonna pretend we don't see water to fall into on the side of the trail.
C0617T01.JPG

We're gonna pretend we're at the Olympics participating in the Steeplechase event
4.PNG

But it was all real and all fun. Woo hoo Yehaw!
IMG_2083.jpg

To be continued on the next trail. Rock Creek

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Rolling through what I like to call the Aspen Tunnels in their fall colors had got to be one of the more esthetically pleasing rides I can imagine...that is once one gets past the intimidating sidehill zones where one has to keep both eyes and tires on the trail.

Nicely done Admiral!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sweet! This is what it's all about, trail riding, tw's, friends, documenting the action, all worth while and definitely a depression deterrent! Love the fall foliage as well.

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Admiral does make the best videos!
Sort of makes one anxious for what comes next.

Starting to think these six day enduro get togethers could become an annual event whether it be in Idaho, British Columbia or the Sierras again. I still have other neat destinations to share for a wandering caravan.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Admiral does make the best videos!
Sort of makes one anxious for what comes next.

Starting to think these six day enduro get togethers could become an annual event whether it be in Idaho, British Columbia or the Sierras again. I still have other neat destinations to share for a wandering caravan.
Yes he does Fred, but you make some great ones too.
Cheers - Maury?

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Maybe, but it sure helps to have good riding areas for the videos.
Returned with buddy Adam to ride some of the Day 1 trails. Remember that log I teased the guys about?
Well, I pooped big time around 1:30 in the video.:p

·
Registered
531 Posts
Fred, I think you have the fastest TW in California. The deviation from perpendicular reading on your clinometer went from zero to 90 in less than a second! :D
A huge and tough log crossing no doubt.

In your honor, a simple 5 mile round trip to Walmart for a can of coffee turned into a three hour, 31 mile Indian Summer ride last night. 74 at departure and 69 upon return.

Enjoyed the video as always!

Marty

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Area looks a lot drier from when we rode it.

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
But Marty, did you remember to get the can of coffee? Or did the Missus have to send you back to the store? :p
A warm Indian Summer evening ride can be so rewarding. While mere mortals are washing the dishes , helping the kids with their homework or otherwise dealing with the daily grind the clever motorcyclist is out taking in the scenery as it flows by, catching the elusive aromas that dusk brings and basically enjoying the outdoor world that most others have put away for the day. A special personal experience, right? Good man!

Here it has been warm & dry since ejfranz & Admiral brought their northern snow storm & unseasonal 40 degree temperature drop.

Anyways something about pride goeth before the fall should have warned me that the log would get its revenge on me in front of witnesses. So much for my "hit it with some momentum" advice . It just cost me a broken fender, a bloody nose and a lesson learned the hard way: Take the time to stack some logs like I then did for Adam. (Hint: The KTM crowd keeps removing the stacked logs on the approach to make this a good challenge, likely a filter to keep out lesser 200cc bikes designed in the mid 80's like mine).

·
Registered
531 Posts
It helped that when I refueled after the ride the Murphy station is right in front of Walmart!
Sorry to read about the broken nose and the bleeding fender.
Still better than helping with homework and dishpan hands!

Marty

·
Registered
13,654 Posts
Sweet! This is what it's all about, trail riding, tw's, friends, documenting the action, all worth while and definitely a depression deterrent! Love the fall foliage as well.
Any of the pictures or video don't do the fall color changes to the foliage like seeing it in person. Lots of color change, much of it masked with our dust haha.

41 - 60 of 110 Posts