TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Freightliner: Owned by Germans, made in Mexico. Just goes to show that with enough money even a piece of crap can put on a show. Of course, the president does the same. The Cascadia is the same model I drive and can't make it through one service interval without needing zip ties, bailing wire, and racer tape to keep it from falling apart. Literally.

Castrol: owned by BP, advocating terrorism for profit for decades.

Know that which you worship.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Last time I hauled Monster out of Houston net was 45,213 pounds. That's ~45,000 cans, at $2 each. That's ~$90,000 per truck, and last time I was at HANS picking up I timed trucks at 16/hour, so multiply $90,000 times 16 trucks per hour times 24 hours per day times 365 days per year to arrive at the annual retail value shipped through just this ONE distribution center.

Anywho, net income of Monster Energy products alone is just under $400,000,000 per year. That's net income, that which is left after expenses are paid, including all Monster's sponsorship deals. Appealing to chemical addictions of Americans is very profitable.

·
Registered
19,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have yet to try any of these new highly profitable drinks. Don't plan to either. Do plan on continuing enjoying the extreme sports and videos they sponsor though. So thank you folks who are paying $2 a can so I can watch tube crazy stuff for free; your gullibility is to my benefit.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I've never tried them.
But I still have my suspicions of where the money is from.
Nice Alynskian innuendo insult. Won't wash here.

Hansen Natural (HANS) is the parent company, recently changed their name to Monster Energy. Funny thing is Hansen Natural has no mention of Monster on its website. Hmmm??? HANS is a top 5 beverage seller worldwide. They were my preferred drinks for my kids as there products tended to be significantly less of a health threat than common beverages. I saw the corporation as a stable growth investment and haven't been disappointed.

Monster has an unusual advertising program featuring sponsoring extreme sports teams and artists, then allowing youtube to provide free online presence. Must work: HANS has seen a 10 times sales volume increase over the past 10 years. 167% price per unit volume increase over the past 10 years. 167000% gross sales increase over the past 10 years. Monster has been a big part of that growth.

Hate to grate your heart, but Monster's money comes from pure ol' honest capitalism. Nothing to be suspicious of.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I didn't insult. It's my thoughts. I can't grasp the concept that a company can make that much profit. Just like I don't understand coupons, why waste paper ink when you could lower the price for everyone? Can't under stand redoing box, can, packaging size and claim your saving the consumer money. And I don't understand most sports. Like baseball. What fun is it to have someone stand in a field while another tries to throw a ball that isn't meant to be hit to the person in the field? Much more fun to take turns hitting running and catching that ball. I've only been to two professional events, both times as a chaperone.
And I have NO idea what an Alynskian is.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Well, seems my dysgraphia is acting up. Shoulda spelled that A-l-i-n-s-k-y-a-n. It's a reference to a book by Saul Alinsky, a great unamerican.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I have yet to try any of these new highly profitable drinks. Don't plan to either. Do plan on continuing enjoying the extreme sports and videos they sponsor though. So thank you folks who are paying $2 a can so I can watch tube crazy stuff for free; your gullibility is to my benefit.
Your welcome!

Tom

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Well, seems my dysgraphia is acting up. Shoulda spelled that A-l-i-n-s-k-y-a-n. It's a reference to a book by Saul Alinsky, a great unamerican.
Really you think I'm unAmerican. Is it because I have an English Springer Spaniel?

·
Registered
19,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah Tom, so energy drinks are why you are awake and posting late at night. And I thought it was just to bask in my ever so humble limelight. I am devastated, may have to go late night Crazy Carting all by my lonesome.:(

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Ah Tom, so energy drinks are why you are awake and posting late at night. And I thought it was just to bask in my ever so humble limelight. I am devastated, may have to go late night Crazy Carting all by my lonesome.:(
Fred my dear man you are no Ching Lau Lauro! I have been known to partake in a Monster energy drink nearly every morning while heading out to my first call of the day. It does not effect my sleep late at night. The reason I am up so late is because I have had a difficult time tracking your IP address to a specific location. In time I will figure it out though "insert evil laugh". Your secret trails will soon be mine "insert even more heinous evil laugh".

Tom

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Really you think I'm unAmerican. Is it because I have an English Springer Spaniel?
Miseducated, maybe, about our system of government, but not un-American. Definitely not your fault considering the degree of intoxication enjoyed by the majority of public school teachers. Miseducation is curable, you know. Alinsky was unamerican. He's dead now. Good riddance.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
You knew my high school teachers? Every other Friday they went out! I physically blocked my drunk math teacher from following a cheer leader or Pom Pom girl can't remember which, into the bathroom. Then walked him back to his classroom. But I'm not the one that caught the 2 teachers married to others having sex. That was my friend. Worst part of that was his daughter was a classmate and found out.
I also believe that I have some LD and attention issues. But I'm from the time period that passed you regardless. In elementary I had speech classes but I don't think it addressed my real problem. I don't hear what's said. I've always called a neighbor boy Wayne, 20 some years at my cousins funeral I learned his name is Wade.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Mr Ryan is a dang good driver. I drive an old freightliner fl70 at work and its a good city truck but its like an international. They are cheap and fall apart. Wednesday the left headlight fell out somewhere along the highway. Luckily it didnt take the plug.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts