TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new factory sealed bag with all mounting hardware Fits TW200 $85 plus actual postage
SAM_7075.JPG SAM_7076.JPG SAM_7077.JPG

Payment by US Postal Money Order available at any US Post Office (Only US Postal no other types of bank checks or MO's please)

I have 2 of these available

Chase Bank "Quick Pay" also accepted

No paypal please

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I think the Richochet skidplates we have is some of the best money I've spent. Those things are bombproof.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
hey Fred...is there any clearance problem with that skidplate?? I recall someone mentioning something about the drain plug with an aftermarket plate.
I have them on all 5 TWs. No clearance problems at all.

·
Registered
13,645 Posts
hey Fred...is there any clearance problem with that skidplate?? I recall someone mentioning something about the drain plug with an aftermarket plate.
There is an opening in the skidplate below the oil drain bolt. You can get a wrench in there no problem, just a shorter stroke if you will. The problem some folks have had in the past is when they strip the drain bolt head. At that point, you most likely need to remove the plate so you can use whatever method available to remove the damaged drain bolt head.

Under normal circumstances you won't need to remove the plate if you don't want too!

·
Registered
20,170 Posts
I remove drain plug with a 19mm socket on an extension so their is no clearance issue for me. Sometimes I remove shifter first, other times just hold shifter down while R&R-ing plug. Some of the draining oil does run down the skid plate making a mess so if you wish to have a pristine bike go ahead and remove the Ricochet first.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
These skid plates can be dropped in 15 seconds and you can take 2 sips of coffee during that 15 seconds

Removal is actually easier than removing the seat

The hardest thing is finding your allen wrench set to remove 2 screws

·
Registered
715 Posts
I received the RICOCHET / MSR skid plate from PlacerLoad today. It was complete with all hardware, instructions and included a few bonus items - better than new!

The skid plate is HEAVY DUTY, the pictures here and in other places on the interwebs do not do this skid plate justice.

Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
17,949 Posts
Rubber mounting it and then putting some "wetsuit" type material inside it does help; but it will always seem loud anyway.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts