TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any tube style skid plates/ engine guards available for the tw? I don't like how the ricochet doesn't attach in the back.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415855959.596890.jpg
Pic is from a ttr225. Will it fit? Obviously would need a custom bracket in the rear. But will it line up at all?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I'm thinking seriously about a skid plate. I hear Ricochet a lot on this forum,first time seeing the TCI unit in this post. Would like to know pros/cons and price difference if possible.

Adv(thanks)ance,
Tom in Wichita

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking seriously about a skid plate. I hear Ricochet a lot on this forum,first time seeing the TCI unit in this post. Would like to know pros/cons and price difference if possible.

Adv(thanks)ance,
Tom in Wichita
Well to start. The tci is $240. The ricochet is $95. Both made in USA I think.

·
Registered
19,221 Posts
The TCI is a work of art whose wider guards protect the engine cases a bit more. TCI installation is a bit more complicated from what I have read. The additional $150 might be saved with a Richichet to buy JB weld or a new starter in unlikely event that something gets by Ricochet and does damage that would have been caught and protected by the TCI unit.
If you want the best and can afford it get the TCI. Otherwise save the $150 for increased health insurance premiums under the Unaffordable Care Act.

·
Registered
118 Posts
So, to me it looks like the side protection feature must be removed when ever the oil filter is removed for cleaning or replacement on the TCI model ?

After seeing that alone, I'm personally pretty satisfied with a fatter wallet in my back pocket and the protection my ricochet presently provides while protecting my investment.:D

excalibur

·
Registered
19,221 Posts
Yes, the TCI did have servicing complications. But not to worry excalibur, it is unlikely you will ever find one for sale. They are fairly rare. If you do see one in person you would be impressed and probably figure out how to make one yourself.
The TCI skid plate seems to be a no longer manufactured item.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts