- Coyote Brown paint with protective enamel coating
- Oversized foot pegs
- Rear Blaster Shock
- New front & rear brakes
- Heavy Duty O-Ring Chain
- Extended WR flexable foot shifter
- Black Anodized 51T Sprocket
- (4) Visible LED Lights
- Dual Military 30 Watt IR Illuminator / Visible by removing blackout filter. (Lamp converted from 24v to 12v)
- Light switch to select either IR Illuminator lights or visible LED lights ( either one or the other can be powered on in order to prevent accidentally powering all on )
- Copper 90 degree elbow on exhaust tip (to push exhaust sound waves directly downward)
- Brush hand guards on MSR handlebars
- Fiberglass exhaust wrap - Titanium color
- BW Triple Clamps , Forks, Brake & Front Rim
- New clutch & brake lines
- Duro Power Grip with polyurethane sealed rim, rubber coated
- 6 Ply MassFx P377, ATV/UTV Front Tire ( 25 x 8 - 12 )
- Keyed ignition replaced with on/off switch, green neutral LED indicator, Moose racing hour/tachometer,
voltage readout indicator, dual USB chargers (5v 1A & 5v 2.1A) & battery disconnect kill switch

At some point I will be exploring replacing the front drum with a disk brake system.. which then may lead me to a larger capacity tank, etc.

Originally, it had bent front rim, forks & triple clamps were bent/damaged, cylinder head was pitted, clutch basket was trashed and too many numerous issues to count.

Here it was when I picked it up:
IMG_5320.JPG IMG_5321.JPG

I should have taken pics of the other numerous damage and wear - it was quite intriguing.

Registered
Very impressive.
Those IR illuminators should permit sneaking up on tricky coyotes, witches and other shape-shifters on those night rides. ( subtle reference to Navajo mythology)
Tubeless conversion of rear rim is something I would like to try following your technique.
Really well rendered and complete customized bike, but does it also feature your improved bomb-proof clutch basket design?

Registered
AAAWWWEEESSSOOOMMMEEE!

For some reason, and I don't know why, but I want to add a Tank Cannon to it. :p
If you ever post a video riding this TW, could you add some tank track tread sound to make it sound like a tank rumbling in the woods, please. ha ha

Registered
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Clutch basket????

I'm glad you asked! Why yes it does.

IMG_0736.JPG
IMG_0737.JPG
IMG_9813.JPG

T6 Aircraft aluminium, anodized coating, new pads with an additional (2) - built to last, take a serious beating & the unit is serviceable. I will be making some slight design changes to the cushions and a couple of final design changes to the CB before they go into production.

*** If you want your rim tubeless, I'd be happy to do that for you for free if you send me the rim & leave the rubber strap on it and include a return shipping label.

Registered
Clutch basket????

I'm glad you asked! Why yes it does.

View attachment 107001
View attachment 106993
View attachment 107017

T6 Aircraft aluminium, anodized coating, new pads with an additional (2) - built to last, take a serious beating & the unit is serviceable. I will be making some slight design changes to the cushions and a couple of final design changes to the CB before they go into production.

*** If you want your rim tubeless, I'd be happy to do that for you for free if you send me the rim & leave the rubber strap on it and include a return shipping label.
Nice!! Now I will wait to replace my clutch. m.

Registered
That is such an awesome looking bike! Fantastic job! :hello2:

Registered
That clutch basket is a rather impressive work too. We passed around and admired the one you made for Vanillagorilla while camped at Moab and I was impressed. It looked just like what a fellow who feathers his clutch a lot or who has increased power would want.
The sealed rim offer is both extremely generous and tempting. If I re-read the thread on the sealing I could probably do it myself with adult supervision.
I only have two bikes and three rims but the third rim is too wobbly to seal up. I traded a nice true rim back to Mel that he got for me from LZRDBRTH鈥檚 collection for the wobbly one he was riding on in Moab. Since i just wanted the hub for a trailer wheel conversion I thought Mel deserved to keep and ride with pride LZRDBRTH鈥檚 fine rim. Besides, the wobbler looked silly going down the road in a side to side shimmy.:rolleyes:

Registered
I noticed the brick too.:p
Maybe it is something learned from the Navajo tradition of making sand paintings otherwise perfect except for a small unfinished spot. The imperfection is left so as to let any evil spirits escape.
Looks like Skinwalker has already gotten rid of any demons that came from the former owner though, that bike came looking very rough.

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
You guys really are kind - thank you for the kind words!!!!!!!!! ( I show the bike to people here locally and get a much different response. I've thought about selling it when its completed... Maybe buy a 2016 and REALLY break it down down to nothing and start new.( with a kick start ) Maybe a different off road concept than what I like to ride.)

The rise is the Blaster shock. I've read about the concern and those analyzing the height it adds, however I find that myself ( 170 pounds at 6'2 ) when sitting on the bike ( and my 2008 with a blaster ) the cushy squish doesn't give me any uncomfortable height at all and depresses quite pleasurably. My buddy and I will put the "squish" more to the test when we each have 40 pound packs on next month in NM each riding the bikes. In my personal opinion, and riding in rough terrain for long periods, it is the best. When I put it on my 2008, the first comment that popped in my head is, " Holy $&!t! Wow! I had NO idea!!" Only stickler is the chain adjustment when adding a new chain and finding that comfort zone (slack) on the links based on your sprocket T. Like the saying goes, "Once you go Blaster, you never go back" - haha, ok so, nobody but me says that.

Hey - Chicks dig the brick, block or whatever convenient rock is in place! hehe. Yeah the kickstand is probably the last thing I'm going to wrap up - just need the 4 1/2 inch extension for it. For now - the brick! ( There are plenty of rocks where I ride in case i don't get to the extension in time. Heheh )

When I broke down the stock clutch basket I could not help but to conclude that it was flawed. The original design and material seemed intentionally lazy which lends me to conclude that the business intention is for the customer buy another one as soon as the (4) cushions shrink ( they intentionally did NOT use 6 total - what does that tell you. Engineering decision? Pfft...no. ) and "permanent" rivets become loose - Thus generating reoccurring revenue on parts as is the case with the home appliance industry - washers, dryers - specific parts that are designed to wear out and fail after XXX amount of hours/usage - conveniently just after the warranty period. - No coincidence. (I could go on and on about the frustrating details of the original CB) However the CB is an expensive part to replace. They will be available very soon..

I have one of VanillaGorilla's fine racks for my 2008. I need another one for this machine if he decides to make another batch. (hint hint)

Yeah man, send me that rear rim and I'll do it up right! I enjoy the work, its fun.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts