TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By request of some members on here here is my latest vid.

Please feedback!!! Good or bad I don't mind..... Make sure you get the volume up!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great video but I wish you'd make a version where the music was muted when the motor is running.
I can wipe the music out totaly v easily.... I love the music!!!! :)

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
Skippy, it's fun to see what you do with only 125cc's :D!

(But I kept waiting to some of your famous water crossings :(.)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Skippy, it's fun to see what you do with only 125cc's :D!

(But I kept waiting to some of your famous water crossings :(.)
Haha as soon as I sort my air box I'll do nothing but water crossings just for you!

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I thought the music was actually very fitting.

Nice riding!

Especially liked the s l o w downhill. Very cool.

Thank you.

What camera, video software and other stuff did you use to make the video?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought the music was actually very fitting.

Nice riding!

Especially liked the s l o w downhill. Very cool.

Thank you.

What camera, video software and other stuff did you use to make the video?
I used my iphone 5, then "splice" video editor app to put it all together, the music is also off my phone and splice just brings it all together ready to upload to you tube.

I don't get chance to get on here much to give technical advice etc so if it means me riding like I've stole it for you guys on video then that's my input to the forum :)

·
Registered
6,453 Posts
Well all I can say is WOW. You get every cc out of that thing. I would love to see your "balls out" riding style on a WR250 or similar machine. Keep posting these and I will keep liking them! Great job. So is it safe to assume you like the gearing changes you recently made?

Tom

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well all I can say is WOW. You get every cc out of that thing. I would love to see your "balls out" riding style on a WR250 or similar machine. Keep posting these and I will keep liking them! Great job. So is it safe to assume you like the gearing changes you recently made?

Tom
Thanks tom appriciate the comments.

I'm 31 but had lots of bikes.... Gsxr1000's, gsx1300r (had 211mph out of that) I used to do track days but I was at a point in the fast group where to push myself to be faster the risk of coming off was too high for me so I gave it up the road stuff as I would have broke bones or worse.

I'm not crazy but I do love riding flat out and being the fastest always pushing myself as hard as I can,I have an intense job and this is a good release for me. I got the tw125 as a cheep play bike that id get rid off for a drz400 or wr250 but I actualy love this little bike, it's 100% an underdog and I like that. No one expects it to do what it does and I've got the set up just right now so it's staying.

As for the gearing, 100% I like it. All the power comes on straight away now so I can push the little bike even harder and within reason it will go up anything!

·
Registered
7,334 Posts
You obviously know how to ride very well and your control going down hill was superb -- I think I would have been slipping and sliding all the way down.

And am I correct in understanding you made that entire video on your iphone5 ? Filming (recording ?) editing, uploading to YouTube ? Holy cow, am I old fashion if you did. I think it came out great!!! I have always refused to get a cell phone thinking of them as more of a leash but I might have to change my mind. I guess the hard part would be mounting the iphone5 to your helmet or handlebars or some where for an on the bike view . Tony

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You obviously know how to ride very well and your control going down hill was superb -- I think I would have been slipping and sliding all the way down.

And am I correct in understanding you made that entire video on your iphone5 ? Filming (recording ?) editing, uploading to YouTube ? Holy cow, am I old fashion if you did. I think it came out great!!! I have always refused to get a cell phone thinking of them as more of a leash but I might have to change my mind. I guess the hard part would be mounting the iphone5 to your helmet or handlebars or some where for an on the bike view . Tony
Hahahaha you guys love vids!!! Thanks tony.

Yes 100% all the vid done on my phone!

I'm going to get a helmet holder for my phone so you guys can ride with me next time! :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
haha, brilliant vid :icon_thumbright:
using it for what it was meant for :cool:
and can't fault the music Ride on Time, oldie but goodie, have always liked that track, I have the vinyl version with about 4 versions of it (altho it's quite old now :)
have just googled it & it was released in 1989, wow

·
Registered
20,646 Posts
Very nicely edited. Here you are having a blast in the mud while we are all hiding inside after a little rain and snow living vicariously through your video. Good job.
Isn't the foot out while cornering a little old school? "When the bike gets squirrelly I'll at least have a tripod ready to brace" vs toes in on the pegs, body unloaded "The bike will not get squirrelly because I am prepared, in control and ready to correct with body english" . You have the racing experience, not me; but unless blasting around chopped up MX berms sitting down just reduces my ability to control bike. Different styles, not criticism, just curiosity. I read so much about being proactive vs. reactive.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very nicely edited. Here you are having a blast in the mud while we are all hiding inside after a little rain and snow living vicariously through your video. Good job.
Isn't the foot out while cornering a little old school? "When the bike gets squirrelly I'll at least have a tripod ready to brace" vs toes in on the pegs, body unloaded "The bike will not get squirrelly because I am prepared, in control and ready to correct with body english" . You have the racing experience, not me; but unless blasting around chopped up MX berms sitting down just reduces my ability to control bike. Different styles, not criticism, just curiosity. I read so much about being proactive vs. reactive.
Thanks Fred!

If you look at exactly 1min 45 seconds on the vid you see the front end loose grip which throws the rear out.... Then you see me catch it with my foot, if my leg was on the peg I would have come off.

Road riding legs in off road riding legs out for me, the way I ride if I come off it's usualy a big one so I want to stay on at as much as possible!!!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hi Skippyboyo2: Boy O Boy I hope that's your field you're tearing up. Even after the Hay is made, I'd get shot right off the saddle if I did that on a neighbors, or probably even one of my brother's properties. Love the riding, but agree with a change to George Thurogood, on the sound track. You definitely have the moves.

Reactions: wolfy

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Skippyboyo2: Boy O Boy I hope that's your field you're tearing up. Even after the Hay is made, I'd get shot right off the saddle if I did that on a neighbors, or probably even one of my brother's properties. Love the riding, but agree with a change to George Thurogood, on the sound track. You definitely have the moves.
It's the guy filming me's field, he turns it (ploughs) it next week so no problem at all.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts