TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tuesdays have been my day! I went out this morning into the 38 degree air and poached some mountain bike trails. With all the maple leaves on trail it sure was slick. I dropped my air pressure down to around 10 p.s.i., what a difference. I had a great time skidding the back tire to turn the bike on sharper turns. Felt kind of motocross-ish, sliding into the apex then drop the clutch and burn WEEEEEEEEE!

I sure love skinny mtn bike trails

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Funnnn! skinny trails are so much fun and good for practicing ur slow speed balance.....

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Amen man, the 2 best trail riders I know (ktm 200's) recomended working on going slow, standing, through the bumpy stuff and climbs. It sure helps. Also riding the TW on singletrack has improved my ability to carry momentum (less power). When I get back on my WR, there is so much more power that it seems easier! I getting close to prefering the TW to the [email protected]#

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
Starting to sound like Tuesday is "the" riding day. I went out for a ride yesterday, and the starting temperature was very similar to your's. 38*F (ish). Didn't have to worry about greasy leaves on my ride though...no tree's near the trail. If I were you, I'd been using those trails too. Looks like a pretty and fun place to ride. I check the tire pressure on my TW...12 psi for this day. Good grip. Thanks for sharing your Tuesday ride.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Poaching MTB trails? Please don't tear them up! We lost a very nice MTB trail in Maryland when some dirt bikers poached it,tore it up then the green police closed it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Poaching MTB trails? Please don't tear them up! We lost a very nice MTB trail in Maryland when some dirt bikers poached it,tore it up then the green police closed it.

Well the TW is no dirtbike, and I dirt jump these trails on my dirtjumper (26 inch), I also helped build a fair amount of these trails. The best thing about the TW is the fat tires with low air pressure barely leave a track at all. I would never think of riding my WR250f in there.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Well the TW is no dirtbike, and I dirt jump these trails on my dirtjumper (26 inch), I also helped build a fair amount of these trails. The best thing about the TW is the fat tires with low air pressure barely leave a track at all. I would never think of riding my WR250f in there.
Thank You!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts