TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been seeing alot of 600cc or more looking dirt bikes around with street bike tires on them. tires that look like they go on a crotch rocket style bike. does anybody know if tires are available for the TW200 like those? im thinking about having a set of wheels for just the road and a set for on and off road. any help would be awesome!

·
Registered
6 Posts
i put street tires on my 1991 tw and i really like them. they stick great and you can really lay the bike down in a corner if you want. you will lose some traction if you wanna go off road with it but if youre road running with it street tires are the way to go. thay will last a lot longer.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
If you really want sticky street tires you can lace on some 17-inch rims and run roadrace tires. The "dirt bikes" you see with street tires are called "motards" and that's really what they are--dirt bikes with roadrace tires.

I agree with having a 2nd set of wheels being a good idea. I'd like 4. Set one with an ATV tire on the rear and a super aggressive motocross knobby on the front. Set 2 with the TW34 rear and a IRC GP-1 front. Set 3 with the TW203/204 combo. Set 4 with 17-inch rims and soft roadrace slicks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts